Monday, June 30, 2014

My HRM and I may be breaking up.. and #SMCHALLENGE

So it's Monday and I'm currently sitting on the couch, willing myself to go outside and run sprints in the park nearby. Two problems.

1. It's hot as BALLS outside. It's 90 degrees here in Northern VA at 6 freakin pm, and I am not a fan. Just ask my boyfriend. You will see me become the biggest grouch when it's either my lady time of the month, or when it's hot outside. So I'm gonna wait till 7 and see if it chills the fuck out, out there.

2. My heart rate monitor died over the weekend. It was showing low battery for a day or so, and then I went to go for a run on Saturday morning and I saw this:
Cool. But not. Because I'm tryin to exercise here.

So I figured, maybe this is a sign? Yea, a sign to get the freakin battery changed. So I went on my run without it, obviously. And the next day for body pump, I still hadn't changed it, so again, off I went with no HRM. I'm not sure why it's such a big deal, but it really messed with my mind for like the first half of my workouts. If you don't wear a HRM that says how many calories you burned, did you really burn the calories!?!? I NEED TO KNOW. Ok let me calm down. I know I'm being absurd. 

I've had this little gem since last April and I've worn it for every single workout I've done, except for when I forgot it once. So you could say its become a staple in my workouts. I just like the validation of knowing that I did indeed work my ass off. But I take everything as a sign, because I'm a freak of nature, so for now I'll be exercising without my love...that is until I change the battery. Anyone who knows me knows that I procrastinate and forget everything though, so this could be awhile.



Moving on! I joined the #SMCHALLENGE that SkinnyMeg and Val from FabChickGetsFit are putting on! It's a private challenge group on facebook for 1500 women and it's basically a bunch of little challenges over 12 weeks to lose weight and hold each other accountable. As the world knows, I've been stuck at 175 for uhhhh forever now, and I'll blame a mixture of my eating habits not being completely on point, and my body saying 'fuck you we're done' because I'm about 20 pounds to my goal. So I'll take all the help I can get. I've prepped my food for the week and I'm steering clear of the snack closet at work. Let's see how this goes! 

Are any of you ladies apart of the challenge? The group closed after 1500, sooo if you didn't get in theres another sub group called Fit Family, that you can get to through Skinny Meg's page that won't post challenges, but is still a great source of motivation and inspiration! 

-Crystal


6 comments:

  1. I am in the challenge as well! Cheers to us being successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started it but got overwhelmed with the postings and ended up quitting before it started. Good luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. The first couple days I was like good god this better calm down... Megan cuts off the posting when she needs to post something so that's been helping a lot thank goodness

      Delete
  3. I guess its already full :( Go girl you got this though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw shit. There were like 10 spots left when I posted! Thanks girl!

      Delete