Tuesday, July 8, 2014

That time my dog wet the bed..

Hey so you know how little kids wet the bed when they're scared?

Well, my dog peed in my bed. I'm just as shocked as you are. You know when puppies get that burst of energy and just run at full speed around the house? Tiger does that often. It looks a bit like this, except shes smaller and she runs in circles.


Anywho, it was storming really bad and unlike most dogs that hide, Tiger gets this absurd burst of energy mixed with a bit of fear. So after she finished her laps, she ran and jumped on my bed and wouldn't leave. I didn't think anything of it because she is most often acting like a freak of nature anyways. Couple hours later I'm going to bed and tell Tiger to get in bed, and the little turd will not lay down. She's pacing all over the spot she usually lays on and eventually she jumps off the bed and lays on the floor. So at this point I'm thinking she's just being overdramatic about not wanting to sleep in her spot, so I scooted over for her to lay on the other side.

Cue disgust. I scoot into a wet spot and immediately jump up and look at my water on my desk. Hmm. Water is on desk, and is still full so I didn't spill that. Sniff test becomes necessary.


IT WAS PEE. IN MY BED. And the little shit is sitting on the floor waggin her tail at me. I feel like this is how parents feel when their kids are assholes but they still have to love them anyways. It's fine, casually scrubbing my mattress that I haven't even had for a year with rubbing alcohol and water.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to get dog pee smell out of fabric? This is not ok. 

And I still let her sleep in my bed that night. Because I clearly am a pushover. Lordy.

-Crystal

3 comments:

  1. Oh man that sucks! I have heard if you mix vinegar with water equally, one part vinegar to one part water (duh, Meg, that's what equally means) then kinda soak the pee spot with it. Then when it's still damp pat some baking soda over the spot. When it dries, just vacuum the baking soda off of the spot. I did this on a carpet and it worked. Might be a little vinegary smelling but you can Febreeze the ish out of that and it'll go away. It should also deter her from peeing in the same spot since it won't smell like her pee.
    Dogs can be such assholes, right? Good thing we love them even when they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to get the smell out but I have experienced this when I had my dog before she passed. Storms are crazy and made her so anxious that she would pant all night long. It was nuts! Don't feel bad about letting the dog back in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha when our kids pee or throw up in the bed its the most annoying thing ever but its just all part of it. Baking soda and vinegar is what we use.

    ReplyDelete