Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My boyfriend thinks I'm a blogger

Ok so I think the boyfriend is more in love with me blogging than I am. Anytime we go somewhere and I look semi decent/not like a hoodlum/bum he says, "so I guess we'll be taking selfies or some pictures for your blog today, right?" And he's dead serious. It cracks me up everytime. Mostly because I usually forget to take said pictures. So tonight I asked him to take some pictures of me with my new fall outfits, and he gladly obliged, even though he was in the middle of playing video games. SHOCKER. So this is what I got the other day at the mall. I'm tryin to class it up a bit since my office is moving to a classier/gorgeous young professionals everywhere area in a few months. Ignore my hair. I just got out of the shower from after a run, sooo I'm not cute. Also my dog photobombed everything. 

Forever 21 dress! $20 hollaaaa

This dress is absurdly comfortable. Super stretchy. And mustard screams fall, so I snatched that sucker up FAST. I'm thinking brown boots? Perhaps dark green tights in the fall? Reel me in and smack some sense into me if that sounds hideous. I'm trying, ok?!

Forever 21 again! I think it was $15?

Ok so I wore the mustard one to work yesterday, but this little number is stayin in the closet till fall. It's obviously way too short to wear without tights and ya girl is not tryin to get fired for lookin like a night walker. I'm thinkin patterned tights for fun night out and solid opaque tights for the office. And booties. I need black and brown booties. Yes? Freakin Tiger man...

Crew neck sweater from Forever 21 ($15)
Striped pencil skirt from Gap (on sale for $24 from $50, ugh I hate spending money)

I really love this combo, mostly because I used to not wear crew neck anything because all you would see was BOOBS. They were just huge and in the way and took over my life. But now I can wear crew necks and I'm excited about it. I'm not excited about the fact that my baby makin hips are most definitely bigger than my waist, leading to some awkward loos-ness, but what can ya do? At least whenever I pop out some children they'll fall right out. I'm thinkin black booties again for fall. And opaque tights. 

Everyone give a round of applause to the boyfriend for taking many pictures till I was happy, and to Tiger my background model. And thanks for not making fun of my obvious "I'm not a fashion blogger" setup and apartment background. Seriously though, I don't know who has time for staging shit, but more power to you guys. Also feel free to give me advice for jewelry colors, where to find not off the wall expensive boots/booties (that are still comfy at the end of the day...) and all that jazz. Help a sista out. I'm just tryin to be an adult out here on a 22 year old who has no money budget. 

-Crystal









3 comments:

  1. I love them all, especially the first dress. You look awesome! Love the idea of a colored tight with the mustard dress. Rock it out! Best part of a sleeveless dress is being able to throw a cardigan on it in the fall and spring. Versatility rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those dresses! You look great! AND the colors all look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dresses are cute and flattering! Good job! I like the blog "J's Everyday Fashion". She shops on a budget and puts together looks with new pieces and things she already has. I'm looking for some booties this fall too.

    ReplyDelete