Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgivin roadtrippin

Hellooooo

Hope you all had a super Thanksgiving and that you're all currently sitting on your couch finishing off the leftovers, because Lord knows that's exactly what I'm doing.

It was actually my first Thanksgiving away from home and I admittedly had a weeeee bit of anxiety. Still trying to figure out how I've managed to avoid Thanksgiving with my boyfriend's family for almost 5 years that we've been together. Weird. It was an interesting set up let me tell ya...I'll start from the beginning.

First of all, I worked out Wednesday morning and the gym was empty. Twas GLORIOUS. Moving on.

Every year since we went away to college, my amigas and I have had the tradition of meeting up in our hometown of Manassas, VA to go out to the bars and be all around reckless the night before Thanksgiving. So since I had plans to be out of town, I somehow convinced Leon that we should leave Thanksgiving day at 5 am. Yea. Stupid, I know. I couldn't miss it this year though!! One of my besties was back in town from London (she's been gone since March!) and my other bestie was back too! (she lives in bumfuck nowhere VA now..) So we were all nice and drunk at a townie bar, saw a million people from highschool (I was drunk so I was happy to see everyone..if I was sober..not so much probably) and had an all around good time.

There were more of us, but the other friends left earlier. Couldn't haaaang! Also we all look sober, which is good. We got some Taco Hell (college girl in me truly enjoyed it) and went to sleep. Needless to say, when Leon called me at 5 am saying he was outside and ready to go, I was most definitely still halfway drunk/halfway hungover. That 3 hour car ride was not enjoyable. Thank God Leon's parents are the most chill people on earth/I've met them a million times, otherwise I would just be that hot mess of a girlfriend who came in and went to sleep for a couple hours on the couch. Cute, Crystal.. realllll cute.

But the show must go on. Once I awakened from my slumber and chugged some gatorade, we went to Leon's aunts house for fooooood and I stuffed my facehole with all of the amazing things and then some. I didn't take pictures because 1. I hate when people do that. We all ate basically the same thing bro. 2. You don't need to see the mountains of food I ate. You might judge me.

We spent the rest of the weekend visiting his relatives and hanging out on his great aunt's farm. She has chickens, ducks, pigs, 2 dogs, 5 cats, turkeys, and some other bird that I didn't recognize.. His aunt is the sweetest woman ever, and pretty much the matriarch of the family. I've been trying since I met her to win her approval, because I know how much she means to Leon.. and I think I did it! She's so hard to read because she doesn't show her emotions unless she's laughing, which is not often I don't think haha. But apparently she collects quilts from all over (thrift stores, ones she's had made, flea markets, different countries...) and she only gives them to people she really cares for... well, guess who got a quilt?!?! THIS GIRL. I almost peed my pants and cried at the same time. 
Not the best quality, but I love it! Probably because of who it's from.

The next day we came home after going to see another one of Leon's relatives and stocking up on leftovers. After my first holiday away from home and with Leon's family, I have to say that it felt really good, ya know? Like, things are moving in the right direction. Usually I'm very quiet and softspoken around his family because I'm just not fully comfortable yet (HAHA Crystal, softspoken?! I know.), but this time I talked to everyone and Leon could actually leave me alone without me freaking out and sweating like a weirdo. Of course I missed my mom, but no worries, I'll be home for Christmas!

Now, time to work off this food. I surprisingly didn't gain much, but I didn't care much because I woke up and took my ass to the gym this morning to use that food as fuel! No time for wallowing and excess cardio over here folks. Hop to it.

-Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! I love the tradition of meeting with your girls the night before!

    ReplyDelete