Monday, March 31, 2014

Today I ran to the store.

This may seem pretty insignificant to you, but to me this was like a breakthrough of sorts. Before today, I would run to lose weight, to train for my half marathon...basically because I had to. But today, I ran simply because I needed to return a dvd to redbox and pick up my lady pills for the month.


It was about 2.5 miles there and 2.5 miles back, so I got a nice 5 mile run in, but the real goodness came in the fact that I really just thought to myself, "Ugh, I don't wanna go the gym..it's so nice out..maybe I'll go for a run...shit I still need to return that redbox...and I need my lady pills...wait I've ran past CVS (drugstore/convenience store) before...and they have a redbox...I CAN RUN THERE." Yea, seriously that was my train of thought. And yes, I most definitely did run with that sucker in my hand the whole way. I'm sure I got some weird looks, so you better believe my head was down. Once I got there the stares continued because Lord knows it's not normal for people to go running places, but whatever, I'll bring my sweaty self in and stand next to folks with no problem. You don't like my sweat in odd places, (ladies you know what I'm sayin)? Sorry bout it friends. Then to top it off I have a sweet runner belt that I got off groupon for 7 dollhairs:


Only downside to this contraption for me is that it sits pretty flat against you, so I had to lift my shirt a smidge to see over my giant boobs, and of course all of this happens as an old man is just hangin out behind me in line. Pretty sure I scarred him for life. Or made his day. Whichever. Anywho, made my way back home, feelin pretty proud of myself. Instead of making myself run, I did it for convenience. I feel like I just gained membership to a runners club or something. It's kind of like the first time a passing runner going at the speed of lightning gives you the "runners nod". Don't act like you don't know what I'm talkin about. Shit is real. Or I'm imagining all of this and whoever is reading this, is judging me. 

Anywho, after that joyous run that pretty much solidified this whole running thang as a lifestyle change, I decided to do this: 

Why yes, that is my bikini hanging on my wall. I'm the kind of person that needs constant reminders or I'll procrastinate and start using the "one more bite won't hurt" excuses. So I see this lovely thing every single day before I leave my room. It's my reminder to keep my shit together and steer clear of the candy bowl at work. Mind you, the candy bowl is full of the good shit, not that generic crap that has no name. But I digress, I didn't eat any or drink any soda today, so maybe this will work!

Any tricks you guys have to stay focused on your goals?

-Crystal

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! great job with getting that exercise in and errands done! And what a wonderful motivation with that bathing suit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! killin 3 birds with one stone is the way to go apparently!

      Delete
  2. YES! Personally, I think you joined the runners club the day you laced up your shoes and took your first running steps, but now I think you're more of an elite runner! ;)
    I doubt anyone even noticed the DVD. They were probably all "look at that awesome woman running her butt off".
    I have been known to throw the twins in their stroller and walk them up to CVS. Not as cool, but apparently, it's a good destination?
    That bikini trick is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha oh goodness I'm so glad to be an elite runner! Feelin fancy over here!

      Delete