Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I hate April Fools Day.

I woke up this morning and thought, finally, I'm in the corporate world, so surely there will be no pranks. Turns out I was very wrong. I get to work around 8, and around 8:30, the woman who I have a love/hate relationship with, named Mary (I'm changin names because I feel like it dammit) comes to my desk huffin and puffin about something I've done wrong. So she rattles somethin off and then tops it off with "you billed the wrong client, you probably just typed in the invoice number off by 1, but still its a $100,000 job and Joe (my boss) won't be happy..he'll probably wanna talk to you about it since it's a high priority client." So at this point I'm not even freaking out, I'm just frustrated because she's always telling me I've done something wrong and I really didn't think I'd messed up anything that big.

So my other coworker who I like a lot more, Amy, comes by and I fill her in and she looks at me like "uh oh, that doesn't sound good..." so NOW I'm freakin out. I'm literally a week away from being offered full time employment and now this crap comes up. Surely Joe is going to fire me before I'm even hired, I'm never gonna move out, I won't be able to afford my bills anymore, Tiger won't have her medicine, my mom will be pissed. Yes, that's my train of thought. To top it off, 5 minutes later I get an email from Joe saying to come to his office when I get a chance because all of this needs to be fixed immediately to avoid problems with the client. So at this point, I'm thinkin, well I might as well pack my shit, because I will most definitely not have a job afterwards.

Do not pass go, do not collect your paycheck.
Aaaaand cue tears. Yep, sittin at my desk snifflin and snottin and crying because I'm just so sure I'm going to be fired. Amy walks by asks whats going on, so I tell her about Jason's email, to which she hugs me and whispers, "April Fools, I sent the email, it was all me!"

I hate everyone.




2 comments:

  1. Oh man that's an awful prank to play! I hope they felt really bad about it and maybe next time they will think twice before doing that! I'm sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?!?!?! Seriously?!?! Grow the eff up people! That's terrible!
    Sorry that happened. I mean, it's one thing to put post-it notes on a computer screen or something but to make someone feel like their job is in jeopardy?? Boo to that crap!

    ReplyDelete