Saturday, April 5, 2014

Saturday Shenanigans

It's Saturday night, aaaaand I'm blogging. So that gives you some insight on just how interesting the life of this 22 year old is. I'm currently making some whole wheat waffles that are probably not the best for you...yes they're frozen. Judge me. I haven't had waffles in forever, so sue me for enjoying the hell out of these little babies. Check out the spread.

Boom Chicka Pop is hands down the best healthy popcorn out in the world that does not taste healthy. Yea, I eat healthy for the most part, but I'll be damned if I'm going to choke something down just because it's a better alternate. Heeeeeell no. Notice the 2 redbox movies? It's about to go down. The boyfriend abandoned me for the night to catch up on work, so it's me, Tiger, American Hustle, and About Time tonight! American Hustle is my 3rd Oscar winning movie from this season that I've seen, so I have high hopes. I saw 12 Years A Slave in theaters about a month ago and Ohhhh my goodness was it good. Gave me chills, made me bawl, SERIOUSLY bawl, and really made me think. All the good things. Last week I got Dallas Buyers Club from Redbox; also seriously amazing. Incredible performance from Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto.  

Anyways, back to my wild Saturday night. I've also got some Victoria's Secrets Rewards cards on the menu because I have a shopping problem. Story time: When I was bigger I would just stare at their swim section and imagine what it would be like to own one that actually fit. I remember buying a black bikini top, and it was so plain because I didn't even think it would look good on me. How sad is that? Literally depressing. Anyways I would wear it, and then put a shirt over it and sit at the pool with a book instead of getting in the water. Way to go, Crystal. My sorority sister who I was living with at the time always made me feel really good about myself though, even when I would just beat myself up about how I hated going to the pool and hated the way the top looked on me. So thanks, Stef. Cut to now, I bought 2 bikini sets and hot damn those tops are colorful and they look good on me. Better believe I'll be in alllll the water this year. Story time over.

I can't find anything to buy with my rewards cards though, because 1) all THREE of them are only worth ten dollars each. Assholes. 2) You can only use 1 card per transaction. I suppose VS caught on to me and the rest of the world saving those suckers and using like 5 at a time to get something crazy expensive basically for free. Whatever. Give me a visa gift card next time, jerkfaces.

Excuse me while I window shop and curse a bit at VS, watch some good movies, and eat my Boom Chicka Pop.......there also might be a pint of Ben & Jerry's in my freezer. Does it make it better that it's the froyo version? I'm going to justify it with the fact that I'm doing Body Combat and Body Pump back to back tomorrow morning. It's fine. 
Jealous yet? No? Ok.

Enjoy your weekends! Anyone see any Oscar winning movies? Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I saw American Hustle and wasn't that impressed with it. The costumes were stunning and I love Jeremy Renner but that was it for me. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. Great cast and costumes but it just didn't seem to match all the hype surrounding it. Maybe I built it up in my head too much haha! It just moved a little too slow and was a little repetitive at times.

      Delete