Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Getting Advice from Folks..

I hate receiving advice. I think it's a Sagittarius thing. We're a very stubborn lot, so whenever someone tries to pass off knowledge on me, I most likely tune it out until I hear a buzz word that peeks my interest. Surprisingly enough though, the same cannot be said about fitness. I hear anything about working out, I'm all over it until you say something that's just foolish, theeeen I ignore you. Backwards kind of. I hope this is all making sense. Keep up, guys.

So giving/getting advice when it comes to working out is actually really frustrating and confusing. Hell, I still get confused and I've already lost a significant amount of weight. I could've sworn I had a grip on how to eat and work out to lose weight, and then I plateaued at 175 and its still taking me some time to figure it out. Losing the first 60, I had no idea about macro balance (calculating how much protein, carbs, and fats you should be eating) and I pretty much ate whatever seemed healthy until I reached my calorie allotment for the day - and it worked! Now this whole macro thing is big and I'm just baffled as to how I still managed to lose weight and eat however many carbs/protein/fats I wanted. Ugh.

I was recently reminded of how confusing this all can be when a friend asked me for advice, as she wasn't seeing results. She had heard advice from friends, family, and now me, and she was feeling overwhelmed and didn't know what to believe. I can remember feeling the same way and getting so freakin frustrated when people said "do your research and come to your own decision". Like hello, don't got time for that. I just want answers so I can get on with losing this extra human attached to my thighs and stomach and face uhhh thank you very much. Unfortunately, it's true though. Everyone's body is different and sooooo much of weight loss is trial and error. You can copy a fitness model's exact diet all you want, and you will most likely still not get her results. What I did was find blogs. I found Mama Laughlin's blog through pinterest, and from there just looked at blogs that I found on her page. I also looked through pinterest to find Muffintopless's website, and again, branched out from there. It's hard, but as they say (not sure who they is, but yea) you make time for what's important to you. It stops becoming a chore and becomes a part of your life. You no longer look for time to squeeze working out in, it just becomes another part of the day.

So, do your research, stay focused and make it a lifestyle and you'll be just fine.


Also! I started the Advocare cleanse yesterday and so far so good. More on that tomorrow.

Also also! I had a really good weekend food wise and I just wanted to tell someone besides my boyfriend and dog. I picked up the Ben & Jerry's Half Baked pint and then talked myself out of it for literally 20 minutes in the frozen aisle, while my boyfriend stood patiently. He really is the greatest. I'm not sure how he deals with me being a complete psychopath who talks to herself in the grocery store.

Peace out girl scouts.
-Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment