Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend/Race Recap!

Hellooooo out there!

Ok so this weekend was very relaxing, but very busy.

On Saturday, I had to work at the dog daycare and it was actually a pretty low key day, until the end. Of course. Two doggies got into a bit of a scuffle, one dog's whole ear basically got mauled, and I ended up being the taxi cab to the vet. The dog drooled all over my car, I'm assuming from anxiety of being in a new car with a towel wrapped around her head. So that kind of threw off my day.. Afterwards the boyfriend and I went apartment hunting, just for shits an giggles. It all seemed so perfect, until the leasing consultant was completely and unnecessarily rude to a current tenant asking a question about the elevators. The boyfriend made a point that if she talked to him that way, I would be next if I moved in. Good point, darling. And I do not handle sass well. We took a tour of the apartments, and then we were told that heating and air is not controlled in unit (uhh not ok) and there are only two washer/dryers per floor...mind you there are about 30-40 apartments per floor (HELL no). Needless to say, we will not be considering that one when we move in together. The rest of the day was pretty low key; we got pho for dinner, followed by froyo (my weakness) and I ate my weight in frozen yogurt. Completely bad, but I didn't have time to eat anything after breakfast because of all the dog daycare shenanigans, so I didn't feel bad at all for eating alllllll the chocolate at the frozen yogurt shop. Don't judge me - you don't know my life! 

But I digress.. I got home around 10 and started to plan my outfit for my 10 mile race the next day, and then it hit me.

I forgot to pick up my race day packet. UGH MY LIFE. I checked the race website, and of course it says, "Absolutely no race day packet pickup" Well, you know me, waterworks commenced as I'm freaking out and looking for a contact email or number. Got my shit together and emailed them, to which they responded with a simple, "come to the info tent and get a new bib" BOOM calmed the fuck down and went to sleep.

SUNDAY FUN DAY RACE DAY! (I just made that up and it's hella cute. Right? No? ...whatever)

I woke up at the buttcrack of dawn (whyyyy are races so early? I would soon find out) to get the shuttle point for the George Washington Parkway Classic 10 Mile Race with my friend/fast as shit runner/running partner Becca. The shuttle is about a 30 minute ride, but time passes quickly while Becca and I catch up on life (I hadn't seen her since our half marathon a month ago!). There was about an hour before the actual race started, so we got some food, got my bib, and just hung around laughing and talking. The race started and its a downhill first! We quickly were reminded though of the course description : rolling hills. So so so many hills. I wanted to take some pictures but I was just trying not to fall honestly. I just tried to google the views from the parkway, because they're GORGEOUS, but google pictures are lookin kind of lame at the moment. Sorry folks. Use your imagination. Anywho, as I was saying about the whole starting early thing. It was hot as hell. Sweating profusely by mile 2...that kind of hot. It was a good run though, and I'm glad I did it. 

It's the last one that I've signed up for, but I think I'll do a couple more this season, and definitely another half in the fall.. Yikes! I've convinced one of my sorority sisters to run it with me, and it'll be her first, so I need to find a fun one! I'm open to suggestions!

After the race I went to IHOP with this cutie! It's our race day tradition. Judge me all you want, it's the fatty in me begging to be set free amongst the egg white omelettes, hash browns, and bacon.
Ugh, can't get enough of that face.

I may or may not have had more froyo after IHOP...... Ok, now you should actually judge me because I'm out of control. Thank God I'm starting the Advocare Cleanse! It came in today actually, so I'm pretty excited about it. I'm going to start it next Monday. I'm moving this weekend and our kitchen will obviously be in shambles, so I'd rather not waste the cleanse when I don't know what my eating situation will be this week!

-Crystal

(I spent a good hour trying to create a signature online, and it just wasn't working. kill me)

No comments:

Post a Comment