Thursday, October 9, 2014

Dance Fitness & October Challenge w/ SkinnyMeg!

Hellooooo

So I've gotten back into lifting since the half marathon. I truly do love running, and it'll always be a great form of relaxation to me, but girrrrrrl I love the feeling of being strong. I love seeing my muscles flex in the mirror while the boys look on like, "this hussy can't possibly shoulder press those 35s.." OH BUT I CAN. I love it all. So I'm feelin pretty sore today since I haven't done much lifting in the past month or so.

I really wanted to rest today, but then I weighed in yesterday for the October Challenge with SkinnyMeg and apparently I was the biggest loser percentage wise for my team!! So duh, I wanna keep this momentum going, so I picked a low impact class at my gym. It said Zumba on the listing, and I've done that before so I thought why the hell not. That was a lie. It was not Zumba. It was "dance fitness".

HOLY BABY JEEBUS IT WAS AMAZING.

It was a mix of loud, Hispanic, full of bass music and we did lots of booty shakin, jumping, footwork, arm swinging aaaand sweating. It was the greatest rush and I will definitely be back. At first it was kind of hard because it's set routines that everyone knows and ya girl was fumbling for a bit. But I've danced my whole life, up until I graduated highschool, so I'm reasonably good at picking up choreography. The funniest part about it was that the instructor walked in, and she's this TINY little white lady, around 35-40 years old and she just didn't look like the hip-hop/latin dance type. I dont know, I just expected some loud, curvy woman. Do not ever judge a book by its cover. I've never seen ANYONE, white or black, move like she does. I didn't know butts could move like that. I also didn't know feet could move like that. I just feel like I want to be her best friend now.

So back, to the October Challenge w/ SkinnyMeg. It is so great. It's like a smaller version of the Summer #SMChallenge. It's only around 150 people instead of the 1500, so you can see the familiar faces and whatnot. We're all split up in teams, and there's different goals each week . First week was water intake and tracking food, this week is HIIT workouts and protein intake! I'm not really learning anything new, but it does feel really good to feel like someone might call me out for slackin on tracking food or not losing any weight.

Also I have no pictures because I'm a shitty blogger. Workin on it...

-Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Ha, way to show those guys your bad ass muscles!
    Nice work on your challenge.Keep it up!
    And ha I love that the instructor surprised you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i confront my fiancé on a suspected affair he just keeps reassuring me that he has no intentions of leaving me or cheating and she is only a sister to him but i worry even though she lives in another state, he just keeps saying he loves only me but he still keeps talking to this girl and sometimes he goes in the other room to whisper quietly so i cant hear him and its really disturbed me to think they may be plotting to hook up.out of curiosity i applied for the service of a cyber hacker i got his recommendation online ''hackingloop6 @ g m a i l . c om'' also on WhatsApp +1(484)540 - 0785, who hacked into his phone and gave me a remote access to all his phone activities, thereby exposing all there secret chats and messages. on that faithful afternoon i had traced their meeting location through GPS and caught them Flaunting their disgusting affair in a hotel room.So bad for him he can't further defend the sister sh**t,we ended it all for good.

    ReplyDelete