Wednesday, March 26, 2014

90 Day Challenge and Current Workout

Hey friends.

Yea so I have one whole follower and I'm pretty excited about it. Don't judge, mmkay? We all start somewhere. I guess people actually came to see my lil ole blog after I was on the Runs for Cookies "Motivation Monday" - so thanks for that. If you haven't checked out Runs for Cookies, well, you should. Obviously. She blogs about running and weight loss, and she also is an avid weight watchers ..person? I don't know how to word that. She does weight watchers. That's what I mean.

So my weight loss, or lack thereof lately, has been pretty annoying. I've hit a plateau at 175, and I've just been kinda hangin out here for a while. Some people say my body doesn't want to lose anymore. Those people get dirty looks from me. For my height and for my sanity, I still have weight to lose. So I switched up my calorie intake and I've recently switched up my workouts. If you haven't heard of Krissy Mae Cagney, you need to go to her website right now. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill. She has ebooks about nutrition, training programs, ebooks on macronutrients, how to calculate your macronutrients, and she's an all around badass. I've been doing her Sexy Sculpt program for 2 weeks now, and I'm pulling all kinds of personal records in weight. I'm impressed with myself to say the least. No worries though friends, there's HIIT cardio added in at the end of her fat loss programs so I'm not over here gaining muscle and not losing weight. Ya girl is still trying to get smaller over here!

While I'm bummed that I'm not losing weight on the scale, I know I'm progressing. A month ago I leg pressed 200 pounds. Yesterday, I leg pressed 260. That happened. I can now barbell shoulder press 70 pounds for 5 reps. I used to do 40. I can now squat 100 pounds. I used to squat 50. I say all of this to say, that even if the scale isn't moving, look at other aspects of your life to see what else is goin on. Take your measurements! It's all about how you feel and how you look. Hell yes, I like to see the scale moving down, but if it's not, I refuse to get down about it. Eventually when I'm down to the size I'd like to be, I hope to get rid of the scale and go by my clothes and how I feel, but for now I have a healthy relationship with the scale, so we're gonna stay friends.

Which leads me toooooooo.... FabChickGetsFit's 90 Day Challenge! I started today because my Victoria's Secret bikinis finally came in today. Basically it's 90 days of no cheating, workouts on point - basically keepin your shit together and in check. So I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and post my day 1 photos. So no judgement folks.

I'm actually loving how the top looks. This is the first time I've ever worn a bandeau top and I'm freakin pumped about it. Just need to get the tummy and bottom half lookin right. I also discovered that my traps are pretty pronounced? A man at the gym complimented them and I kind of mumbled and looked around the gym, because I'm an awkward person. (FYI: traps are the muscles above your shoulders. I wish I could point..) Moving on, I hope I stick with this 90 day challenge thing, because I realllllly wanna rock this sucker at the pool/beach/any body of water this summer, dammit. We shall see.

Anyone else thinking of doing the 90 day challenge for summer?!
-Crystal

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you with the whole plateau thing! I've been in the 186-191 range for 7 months now! Ahhh! So so so tried of that! The 90 day challenge looks awesome! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the pictures but am not brave enough to post them. We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete