Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Finding balance..

Let's have a chit chat, shall we? I'm feelin bogged down by life. Not in a bad way, just...a way. Maybe because not even 3 months ago I slept in, went to the gym as I pleased, hung out with my dog, and had plenty of time for life. Now I don't even have time to read - and I LOVE to read. It's frustrating and annoying, ya know? I annoy myself because I don't even have kids or my own house to keep up with, yet I'm just like DAMN I NEED A BREAK.

 I usually work 6-7 days a week - 5 days full time and 1 or 2 days part time at the dog daycare, go to the gym at least 5 days a week after work, find time for the boyfriend, meal prep food for the week because Lord knows I don't have time to cook, spend time with my dog, whose name is Tiger, (she is not an actual Tiger. Just wanna clarify that little nugget of info), and at some point, write my ramblings down in this little blog.

work selfie. because casual friday is the shit.


Some days I try to go to the gym in the morning before work, aka 5:30 am, so I can have my whole evening to myself but I just hate it. My energy just isn't there and I don't burn as many calories as I do in the evening. So uhh yea, not wasting my time waking up early as hell to not even break a good sweat. NOPE. 

So as you can see, I try to post at night time or evening, if I have some time/don't mind losing some sleep. Most nights I climb in bed with my laptop with really good intentions, and then my pillow smacks that shit out of my hand and onto the floor. So ya know, I just go to sleep and tell myself that tomorrow will be better. 

If anyone out in the world has some suggestions on how I can get myself some time, that'd be super stellar. I'm sure some of it is just poor planning on my part, but hey, I'm tryin folks. 


In other news, I have a 10 mile race in approximately 2-3 weeks or somethin like that. Have I run since the half marathon? uhh I'll take hell no for 200. Honestly I've missed running, but that half just put a hurtin on my joints. My knees make noise now, and my right hip most definitely hates me. I'm thinkin I'll do a 5 or 6 mile run this weekend though, so we shall see. 

yea, that.

-Crystal


2 comments:

  1. I feel you on the no time issues.

    I need to sneak in walk/jog time (I'm just starting out) during lunch breaks (if the weather keeps) and go to gym after work. I also have a house where some serious renovations are happening; 2 dogs; a husband and work that is all consuming. (And since I made the decision to focus on my health and fitness like you trying to get to some blogging time)

    I get up at 4:45 just to make sure I can leave on time to battle the traffic dragon at 05:45 since I work from 07:00 in the morning.

    So if you find the solution for more time let me know on this side of the world - and in South Africa winter is busy sneaky in on us. This will translate into gail force winds for weeks (if not months) and puddles the size of swimming pools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know the answer to time issue as well! It is tough trying to find that balance!

    ReplyDelete