Monday, March 3, 2014

So I got a tattoo.

This past weekend, the boyfriend and I went down to Va Beach for his birthday and too see some friends. We went to college down there, so perfect time for me to see my sorority sisters place to celebrate his birthday!

So on Saturday the boyfriend and I had lunch with one of my sorority sisters, Kyle. We went to Plaza Azteca, a staple for our little college town (its not even really a college town, but whatever). I got a margarita and I swear to God they put so much tequila in it...I was pretty drunk. It was also 3:00 in the afternoon. It's fine. Anywho, so we were discussing tattoos, and drunk Crystal thought it was a faaantastic idea. So we left and went to the tattoo shop nearby. Leon's friend had gotten hers done there, so it wasn't like I picked a random one. No worries, folks. Also I had begun to sober up by then, just to be clear. Long story short, there were a million people there so I had to wait till the next day to get it done. Also, no one told me beforehand that your back is one of the most painful places to get a tattoo. So yea, thanks friends. By the end my shoulder was twitching, legs were shaking, and I was sweating profusely. Super cute, I know.


It says, "Let life overwhelm you"

I found a variation of this quote on a blog, shocker, I know. It was originally about a woman getting ready to run a marathon and she felt like she just wasn't mentally ready. She talked to a spin instructor at her gym about it, and the instructor said to just let them moment overwhelm her. Essentially, to live in the moment. I read it and my heart skipped a beat. I knew I needed it that shit on my body. It is my constant reminder that life should always be brilliant, exciting, unexpected, and overwhelming with energy. I'm already thinking that I want to add to it to make it more feminine lookin. 

Welp, today is a snow day from work for me, so I'll be watching Extreme Cheapskates and trying to steer clear of the junk food that's chillin in my kitchen. This whole healthy eating thing has not been goin so swell lately...more on that another day.

-Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment