Thursday, March 27, 2014

I miss working part time all the time

Let me just start with this. I am forever and ever grateful that my temp job is about to turn into a full time job. But I can't help but be a little sad as well. Working part time for a little over a year gave me the chance to get my life on track, and I loved it. I either worked mornings 6:30am-2pm or 2pm-7pm. That's it. So either way, I had basically a whole day to myself. 

Working part time allowed me to lose weight without stressing about making time and keeping the snacking under control, because let me tell you, working at a dog daycare keeps you MOVIN all day long. It allowed me to have time to get a dog of my own, whom I adore. It allowed me to freakin sleep. It allowed me to actually watch tv and read and relax.

I do close to none of these things anymore. I've picked 3 shows that I watch religiously now, and besides that it's just mindless watching till I fall asleep. I've transitioned into losing weight with a full time job, but I'm literally depressed about missing my Tuesday 10 am kickboxing class at the gym. I loved my instructor and I miss it terribly. I bought her and the body pump instructors presents and wrote them cards to thank them for helping me lose weight, even though they had no idea how much of an impact they had on me. This is how much I love my gym. I can still go to my body pump classes on Sunday mornings, but you better believe I've been stalking the other Golds Gyms in the area to see if my kickboxing instructor teaches evening classes. But I digress. I don't really relax anymore, I've noticed. I come straight home after picking up my dog from daycare (don't judge, she loves that shit and sleeps all night), change for the gym and stay there for a good hour and a half, come home and eat dinner, shower, get ready for sleep while debating if I should blog or not. I try to relax on weekends, but even then I get restless and end up hanging out with friends. That is, if I'm not working at the dog daycare. 

But ya know what? You make time for what's important to you. I make time for things that some would find ridiculous. Some don't understand, hell, sometimes I don't understand either, but I'm happy with my life and the people that really care are happy for me, so that's all that matters. Yes, it's stressful and sometimes I question why I make myself go to the gym everyday and why I eat boring ass foods while my brother and mom eat delicious chinese or pizza, but I know I'd miss this crazy healthy-ish life, because I've seen the results I can get when I give it my all. And I love that more than I love pizza...I think. Ha, I kid, I kid.

Ok yea this was kind of a rant. If you read it all, you're a saint. If you didn't, the gist of it is that I miss part time life, but I'm grateful for my full time job and I'm learning to live with the changes. Done and done. 

Night night, friends.
Also I just finished watching Scandal and it was INSANE.

-Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Do you have time in the morning to work out? I switched from evening to morning workouts and my life changed! It's crazy to sit down after dinner and be all "Oh wait, I already ran this morning."
    Leading the healthy life YOU want to lead is the most important thing. People who can't support that don't need to be in your life!
    Good for you for realizing that!

    ReplyDelete