Sunday, February 23, 2014

Cricket, Cricket

Oh hello there, is this still my blog? Sorry about the whole, haven't blogged in 10 days thing. Life got in the way. Majorly. A lot has happened! I mean, nothing super intense, but you know, stuff. I'll just do a recap of the big things I guess? Yea.

1. I ran my first timed 10k race last weekend! (A 10k is 6.2 miles my friends) I ran it with my friend Becca - we're also doing the half marathon together. The race description said "super flat and great for a PR". Well, they lied. Literally half a mile in, and theres a BIG ASS HILL. Needless to say, I was cursing under my breath and getting some stares. I do not like hills. Also have I mentioned that it was a balmy 23 degrees out? And people were wearing shorts?! Not I. I was rockin some ear warmers, under armour cold gear tights, and an under armour hoodie, and gloves. I do not play with the cold.


2. I got my shirt in from Ruffles With Love! I absolutely adore it. You should go order one. Or five. Whatever. It says "13 point freaking 1" and you bet your ass I'll be wearin this beauty on half marathon day. Even if it's cold. I'll just wear some under armour underneath if I have to..Ignore my messy room. kthanks.

3. I went to see my gal pals this weekend for a little reunion lovin. One of my friends goes to VaTech so we all went down (up? over? I don't know.) and did some hiking on Saturday morning! We hiked 8.3 miles (roundtrip) up McAfee's Knob in and it was absolutely gorgeous. Even though I was sore in places that I didn't know existed, it was well worth the hike. And we ate at an aaaaamazing southern restaurant afterwards, where I inhaled at least 3,000 calories, so yea, it was a good day.

4. I had a pretty wonderful NSV (non scale victory) this week that tickled my heart. I was sitting at the temp job from hell just workin casually, and I went to cross my legs just because ya know, girls do that sometimes. Now, when I was bigger, I couldn't do that and my leg would just kinda fall like my leg was saying, "LOL cute idea, but no, not happening". But this time my leg stayed there. It stayed on top of my other leg without me pulling a muscle trying to force it. I even have proof. 
Yes my dress is short, sorrynotsorry, just trying to will spring along a little faster.

5. I got home today from VaTech and good lawd I missed my dog. I've been snuggling with her all evening. And by snuggling, I mean trapping her in hugs while she tries to get away. It's fine. This is the closest I got without getting a death stare.
I promise she really does love me.

I'm really going to try to organize my time better so I can actually keep up with this little blog thang for my whole 5 people that read this.

Later kids,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment