Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My Weight Loss Story: Today!

So here we are, present day weight loss journey.

I'm more dedicated than ever. The holidays were a definite challenge, but honestly nothing intense. I just kept telling myself, "progress not perfection". I enjoyed myself and ate everything I wanted to, but I also worked out every single day, and ate only in moderation. No more eating just because it was on my plate, or finishing the last bite of pie just because. I've got goals, and none of them include professional pie eater. Mmmkay?

Moving on, I've been lifting heavy weights for aboutttt 6 or 7 months now. So obviously, nothing super intense, but I'm seeing legit changes in my body that are making me happy as shit. DO NOT believe that "you'll get bulky" or "you'll get manly" shit. If anything, you'll get sexy ass curves and look smaller than you really are, because muscle takes up less space than fatty mcfat does. Case in point: I've been around the same weight, give or take 4 pounds for about 4 months now. BUT, within those 4 months I've gone down a whole pants size, and 2 dress sizes. Say whaaaaat?!?! Yes. That shit is true. Why? Because I lift weights. Lots of weights. I go to body pump class once a week and lift even heavier for a straight hour. I don't do measly little 2 pound weights, because that will do nothing. I'm gaining lean muscle, and its taking up space instead of fat. And because muscle takes up less space, but weighs more.....I'm looking smaller but the scale isn't moving. And I'm ok with that! I'll gladly take a size 8 dress over lifting 2 pound weights any day, thank you very much.

I feel like a bad ass when I can leg press more than I weigh (and more than some men). I feel like a bad ass when I can squat triple what other people squat in body pump. I feel like a bad ass when I can walk into the weight room as the only woman, and be completely comfortable. Back up boys. Bitches get shit done. And no, I do not need your help loading the squat rack. Thankyaverymuch.

My goals as of now are to lose about 20 more pounds, gain crazy muscles, run a half marathon (coming up in March! Rock n Roll Half in DC!), and become a body pump instructor. Yea. Big dreams.

and that's what I say to that.

Go after those dreams. It's possible. All it takes is a single moment of being tired of the way things are going. 

234 to 172. size 18 to size 8-10.
Anything is possible my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment