Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekend recap.

Sup suckas.

Sorry, that was rude. This weekend has been pretty workout filled. I had yesterday off, thank baby jesus. I'm super grateful to have a full time (temp) job and a part time job, but sometimes ya girl needs a day to BREATHE. 

Saturday morning I dragged my friend Becca to this workout bootcamp with me. It was in DC and was organized by Balance Gym and Krissy Mae Cagney. Balance Gym was super intense and had everything you could ever imagine in a gym. Pool, cardio machines, strength training, and a freakin crossfit box. Da fuck? And it's in the bottom of a hotel. So much happening. And Krissy Mae Cagney, otherwise known as KMae, is a freakin beast. I've followed her on instagram for a while now, and she's just incredible. I can't even put an exact name on what she does. She inspires, trains like a beast, online coaches and trains folks looking to be badass...all that goodness. So when I saw she was coming to DC, you better believe I signed up for that bootcamp rull fast. My old coworker Jessica also went, and it was so good seeing her! We worked together aboutttt 5 years ago, when I had my first job at Forever 21 (barf). Anyways, the bootcamp was brutal. It was crossfit style, so lots of burpees, lunges, pullups, push presses, ball slams...yea. Needless to say, I was dead sore this morning.
Ashlynn (helped me tremendously with my baby pull ups) myself, Krissy Mae

Afterwards, Becca and I debated doing our 10 mile run (we're training for a half! More on that tomorrow...) aaaand we decided on 'mmm fuck no'. So yea. I went home, ate pho with the boyfriend, and sat on my ass the rest of the day. And I'm ok with that.

This morning I had bodypump on the menu. But first, I got in some Sunday snuggles with this cutie. Tiger is a handful, but she knows I'm a sucker for her morning kisses and lovin. Ugh that face. I cannot deal.

Moving on, got my ass up for some body pump, or as my boyfriend calls it, "booty pump". Weirdo. I can honestly say that this class is the highlight of my week. It's a muscular endurance kinda class, based around barbells and dumbbells. The best part is, you can tailor it to whatever weight is best for you. You can load up the bar if you're up for the challenge, or keep it light if you think you might die/drop the bar on your face... yea. I was trying to be a super sleuth and get a picture, but the class was packed and I looked like a freak. So this is all I got. 
yea it's the wrong angle, sorry bout it. just turn your head. it's fine.

We had the body pump challenge, which basically means to up your weight for each music track (corresponds to different muscle group) so naturally I was dying from yesterday's workout, plus today's challenge. I still did it though, because uhh I cannot look bad in bodypump when I'm already one of the youngest people in there. Gotta represent for my age group. Not to say that everyone is old, but let's be real, not many people my age are heading to group exercise classes. People my age are stuck on the elliptical/treadmill reading Cosmo. But I digress. Great class per usual, chatted it up with Monica, the instructor afterwards about me wanting to become an instructor, all the training for it and all that jazz. Cue sweaty palms... The training seems super daunting and challenging but I'm used to memorizing choreography and routines from my years of dance when I was in middle school/highschool so I'm excited. 

I had to work at the part time job today, so I got my dog lovin fix. Tiger didn't kill anyone while we were there, so I'd say it was a successful day at dog daycare for us. Heading to bed now, gotta get to the full time in the morning! Only 2 more weeks of this temp job..maybe they'll offer me real position!? Not. Whatever.

Later kids.
-Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment