Thursday, August 28, 2014

Blahh Running

I'm feelin grumpy today. Ya know why? Because running is not going so hot these days. Yes, I'm getting all of my runs in, and increasing my mileage and all that jazz, but I haven't had a "hot damn that was a good run!!" run since my 7 miler a few weeks ago.

TMI: At the doctor I was diagnosed with IBS, google for gross details LOL. If I can't tell blogland about my tummy issues, who can I tell? No one? You're probably right, I should keep that shit (pun intended) to myself, but I digress. It's really affecting my runs and I'm not a fan.

I've tried eating different things so that my stomach will chill the fuck out when I'm being active and running all over, but no, he insists on freaking out whenever I do something active. Dumb.

Yesterday I ran 4 miles and felt nauseous the whole time. Then I started getting a sharp pain my stomach every couple minutes. Not cool bro. I told/complained to my boyfriend about not having a good run lately, and like a guy, of course he says "maybe you'll have a good run at the half marathon!" .....Ok dear. Sheesh. The girl who does the bootcamp class I go to did offer to practice running the Woodrow Wilson Bridge with me, since that's the last part of my half marathon, so I might take her up on that. It has a pretty steep elevation so I'm not looking forward to that ish..

My 10 mile run this past weekend wasn't that great. The first 5 were ok, but after that I just couldn't get into it. It didn't help that I forgot my hat and my water bottle. Literally every time I passed someone with a bottle I debated yanking that shit out of their hand. I have a problem.

All I know is that I need to get it together before October 5 or I will be very unhappy. Any ideas, anyone? #HelpMe.

-Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Oh no. Having suffered from IBS I feel your pain, I feel ya! Were they able to prescribe anything that might help? Just know a lot of the stuff might dehydrate you so drink more than you normally would.
    And damnit, don't you dare attempt another ten miler without water. Of course you felt like crap the second five miles...you were probably dehydrated! (Sorry, that's the mom in me coming out, she's gone now).
    Are you practicing with fuel while you run? You should do that so you know what to take for your half and figure out what bothers your stomach. It's ok to take something that's not a GU. I like gummi bears or fruit snacks. Weird, right?
    Sometimes running sucks and sucks hard. Hopefully you figure out what you need to do to make your run fun again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment just made me feel so much better!! My doctor didn't prescribe anything since it's pretty mild, just told me to keep up a good diet and exercise. I need to try some different fuels for my run, I'll try chomps and gummy bears and see!! Yea, definitely buying one of those running water bottles today actually haha hopefully better run next time!!

      Delete