Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Yearly Visit..

To the doctor that is.

For the first time in about uhhhhh a million years, I was actually looking forward to my visit to the doctor today for my yearly physical. First, my doctor is thin, gorgeous, blonde hair and blue eyes. She actually just turned 29 this year, so she's not that much older than me. So it's already intimidating being her patient. January 3, 2013 I went to the doctor for a physical and I was literally sweating getting undressed and putting on the little gown. Not because I was nervous, but because any physical activity, no matter how small, had me sweating. Cute, right? Yea not so much.

Today I went and I was just as chipper as a bird. Hopped on that scale and smiled for once, instead of shaking with sweaty palms and praying to the fat gods that they would go easy on me (every time I was disappointed. Such is life).  But beyond the scale, I was so so much healthier than before and it BLEW my mind. I awkwardly asked my doctor to print out my vitals from my heaviest weight and now just so I could take a look see. I'm sure she thinks I'm crazy, it's fine. I'm gonna try to make a chart to show it, but ya know, I suck at this whole being a real blogger thing so it might not happen... 15 minutes later...


1/3/2013
8/26/2014
234 lbs.
170 lbs.
BMI: 39.95
BMI: 29.70
Blood Pressure: 140/86
Blood Pressure: 118/82
Resting HR: 100 bpm
Resting HR: 74 bpm

I feel like that was really complicated. But all I needed to do was copy and paste. Ugh, do better Crystal..

Moving on. LOOK at those changes. I know BMI is irrelevant because they don't account for muscle mass at all, but still it's a big jump And sweet baby Jesus I didn't know my blood pressure was so high. Why didn't anyone say anything? I mean, I feel like that number is a little out of control. And that resting heart rate. Da Fuck is that? People would jokingly tell me to stop breathing so loud, but I always thought they were overreacting. But no, they obviously weren't if my heart rate when I was just sitting around was 100 bpm. I can't imagine that now! When I workout now, I usually wait for my heart rate to get below 100 bpm so I know I'm starting to cool down. Wow. It really makes you see the difference when you see it in terms of your vitals.

Next time you get your physical you should ask to see your vitals, you just might be surprised!


Also can we just chat about the Emmy's real quick? I'M PISSED. Orange Is The New Black didn't win anything and I don't understand. Was New Girl even nominated?! Where was Grey's Anatomy and Scandal?!?! WHAT ABOUT MY SHOWS DAMMIT. Ugh, do better Emmys. Do better. 


The only good part was Sara Bareilles' cover of Smile during the Memoriam section, because obviously Sara Bareilles can do NO wrong in life. Seriously. I just love her to pieces. My coworkers hate it. So I hate them.

-Crystal

8 comments:

  1. Dang, look at you!

    Ugh the Emmys. I didn't even watch. I get it, Breaking Bad had a killer season, but no love for Game of Thrones? How about Modern Family winning again?!? I watch that show and even I didn't think it was as good as some other comedies this year. Booooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww, I watch Modern Family too, and yea it's funny, but STILL! So many other good shows!!!

      Delete
  2. Serious, New Girls should win ALL THE AWARDS, it's my fav! Way to go on such a big change for your doctors appointment! I bet the doc was floored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we share a love for New Girl hahah and thank you!!

      Delete
  3. congrats girl! you should be so proud! i didnt watch the emmys :-|

    ReplyDelete