Friday, August 22, 2014

Gettin the Hang of It

And worst blogger of the year goes tooooo! I'd like to thank the Academy of Bloggers for noticing that I haven't blogged in over a week, as well as my dog, boyfriend, and gym for occupying my life.

Yea, sorry bout that. I looked up and it was Friday so yea, not really sure what happened there. Awkward.

Lately I've been feeling like I'm finally getting the hang of this fitness/life/eating balance that the pros speak of. Before, I'd eat so well, and then screw it all up over the weekend with my serious froyo and vietnamese/pizza/chinese food addiction. Imagine someone with their face pressed against the glass at a froyo place...maybe licking the window. Yep thats me. Proud to say I haven't had froyo in almost 2 whole months. WOOOO LAWDY. Not sure how I've done it.

This week has been really great though. I'm in the intense/I hate running/why am I running another fucking half marathon/this is dumb phase of my half marathon training, so I'm running all the damn time. This weekend I need to run 10 miles, so yea that'll be super fun. I ran 9 miles after work on Tuesday because I just didn't have the time last weekend, and I pretty much felt like death. But I've been surviving the runs, so I guess it's alright. The boyfriend and Tiger are my greatest supporters. He sent me a text mid run with a selfie of them to encourage me, so naturally I was smiling like a loser. Plus he always lays out a towel for me to pass out on when I get home from long runs, so he's actually the best ever. Love him.

I really do credit me getting my shit together to Skinny Meg and her #SMCHALLENGE Facebook group. It is the most well organized and drama free group I've ever seen on facebook. I don't know how she did it, but there's no body shaming, no catty crazy women, only encouragement and sharing of ideas and advice. Also no cheesiness, so I'm happy about that. I can only take so much kumbaayaaaa before I start to barf. It keeps us on our toes since there's always little pop up challenges with prizes and weekend challenges. With crap like this happening in my office on the regular...I need all the help all I can get. 

Doing so well led toooo me finally getting out of the 170s!! I've been in the 170s for close to a freakin year now. I know part of it is my fault with my eating and getting a little tooooo comfy, but I also know that I've focused more on weight lifting lately instead of cardio, so I figured weight wouldn't come off as fast. But yes, I saw 169.4 and I squealed like a child and yelled for the boyfriend to come see hahaha. He's always so sweet to me, and one morning he even said, "good luck on the scale today! Am I allowed to say that? Is that rude?" So cute. Perhaps I'll get back on the bloggy train a bit more next week if I'm not dying of running exhaustion. Getting excited for Leon and I's vacay next weekend to va beach to see college friends!! I plan on rockin a bikini without having to suck in, and enjoying a margarita after a long month of no delicious cheat meals!

-Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on breaking the 170 barrier. How awesome that you've got such a supportive boyfriend. Go you!

    ReplyDelete