Friday, August 8, 2014

Non Scale motherlovin VICTORY.

Friends. I have a story to tell.



So my company has a suite at FedEx Field (Redskins home field for you non NOVA folks) so we all went to the preseason opener and could bring a guest. I brought Leon because he's a diehard Redskins fan and he'd never been to a game before. So yea, hell of a first game experience to have. The suite is bad ass. All the food. All the drinks. All the comfy seats. Pretty sweet view too.
(This is from the soccer game we went to, but whatever. Same view.)


I've never been a huge football fan, I'm more so there for the socialization and watching my coworkers get drunk part. I haven't been with the company for too long yet, so I'm not exactly comfy drinking with these folks yet. I mean, I'm only 22 so ya girl is still all about drinking to get drunk (unless its casual hanging out/dinner with my amigos) and noooobody needs to see that. That makes me sound like a dumb college student, and I'm ok with it. No shame my friends!

There was food galore. They had pulled pork sandwiches, grilled chicken tenders, fried chicken tenders, deli sandwiches, cheese platters, coleslaw, and bar snacks. I planned my meals during the day to be a bit lighter because I wasn't sure what all would be at the game. Needless to say, I stuck to the grilled chicken tenders and a little coleslaw. And then everyone ate the grilled chicken tenders and I was not a happy camper. So what is a girl to do in this situation? Pick the breading off of the fried tenders of course. I looked like a freak and that's perfectly fine. 

Later on the catering staff brought in dessert. Sweet mother of pearl it was heavenly looking. The cake was like 3-4 layers, with peanut butter mousse in between layers, and a freakin brownie piece on top of each slice. WHY. WHY. WHY. Plus the cookies and brownies on the other plate. 



And guess what. I didn't eat ANY of it!! You bet your ass I stood around it and drooled over it. My coworkers kept trying to pressure me into having a piece, saying all the typical lines. "It's only one piece!" "One piece won't break your diet!" "You need to live a little!" "You're being silly, it's just a small bite!" Bitch pleaseeeee. I know myself. I know that one piece leads to two pieces. Sure if I knew I could control myself around cake better it'd be no issue. But obviously overeating is an issue for me, so no pressure please and thanks. Also, if I wanted to eat the cake I would. I choose when I indulge. Not you, silly coworker friends.

All of this was perfectly fine though, because ya girl managed to sneak a Questbar into the stadium like a little criminal. I was quite pleased with myself. I just stuck it down my pants since I'm pretty sure no one was gonna feel around near my lady bits lookin for a gun. 

Afterwards, we got home around 10:30 and I busted out 2 youtube videos because I slept through the 6am body pump class on accident. Woops. I even got Leon to video me doing some of the exercises for an Instagram post! Such a good boyfriend/he doesn't wanna hear me bitch and complain! No excuses here!


I'm feelin good lately, and I'm so freakin proud of myself for not indulging at the game PLUS working out afterwards! If that's not a NSV, I don't know what is!


-Crystal




1 comment:

  1. First off, I am SOOOOO jealous of you guys going to the football game, in a suite no less! Going to a pro football game is way up there on my bucket list, but living in Idaho I have to travel to get to any game plus buy tickets which is a spendy endeavor. Oh well, some day. Way to go on not indulging girl - crazy will power! Anything peanut butter and chocolate and I would have been done for. You are such a good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete