Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mary Magdalene is not the Virgin Mary?!

Humpin right along here...

Linking Up with Kat at Vodka and Soda again because she's hilarious and there's some things ya girl needs to get off her chest.

I confess that I had NO FREAKIN IDEA that Mary Magdalene and the Virgin Mary weren't the same person. I'm not a religious person at all, so I'm not even trying to offend anyone or come off as super dumb or ignorant, I honestly had no idea. My coworker and I were talking about something having to do with immaculate conception, and I said that I could totally do that, just like Mary Magdalene. And she just stared at me. So naturally, I'm like, what did I say wrong...? Apparently one is a whore and one is the mother of Jesus. So yea, I can see the issue with confusing the two. But ok, who in the world named those two the SAME name?? Shock and awe, my friends. My face.



The other night I was feeling extra snacky and I knew that the next day would be a long one/I would come home lookin for snacks I shouldn't eat. So what does any normal person do? They get up after they've already gone to bed and throw out two bags of tortilla chips and the half empty jar of salsa. I know I'm a freak. Judge me. The absolutely WEIRD part of this is that the next day after I got home from the gym, the chips were back on top of the fridge. So my beloved boyfriend must have taken them out. Ugh, fatty.




I had a really awkward moment when I went to get my hair done. Premise: my stylist recommended I start taking biotin to help my hair grow after a mishap with a previous stylist that left my hair falling out in places. Long story short, she didn't wash out a chemical all the way, so the chemicals ate away at my hair. Ugh, life. ANYWHO. New amazing stylist said, "so have you had to start shaving more now that you've been taking the biotin?" And I got all wide eyed like 
I genuinely thought she meant, ahem, The Netherlands...down yonder, because biotin makes hair grow everywhere. And it grows very thick. This is fantastic for the hair on your head. Other places, not so much. She kept talking and it was obvious that she was talking about my legs, but my legs don't really grow hair much so I didn't know! Ugh, sheesh I have mush for a brain.


Lastly, I bought this sweet little thing last week with a giftcard I won at the company bonding outing (we went bowling and it was AMAZING.)! My confession has to do with the fact that I seriously only run races for the medals now, and so that I can hang those suckers up on my new display. #sorrynotsorry. Running races actually sucks most times. You're probably gonna be around the same people most of the time, so you're probably gonna be secretly competing against them/hating them the whole time. For my first 10k there was a literal 90 year old man who I could not pass and it just pissed me off the whole time. So once you're past the sucky running you get a medal and take some pics for Instagram and it makes it pretty much worth it. Does this make me vain? Don't answer that.

Time for bed because I'm dying from my workout today. 
-Crystal




4 comments:

  1. Have you ever read "Lamb" by Christopher Moore? It's not religious at all, it just happens to be a story about Jesus' best friend growing up, Biff. Trust me, if you have time read it. Your Mary Magdalene comment reminded me of that.

    Hahaha I can just imagine how awkward that conversation was. "Why is she asking me about my lady bits?!?"

    Good luck getting more medals. I run for the t-shirts and the medals. There are people who don't?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into that book!! I'm glad I'm not the only one doin for the medals hahaha

      Delete
  2. Double the Mary's can get confusing - I get it. I've been thinking about starting to take Biotin and now I'm a little concerned for my lady bits lol. No one has time to shave more than they already do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True life on the shaving part hahaha I've actually started taking biotin every other day instead of every day to calm this process down a bit...hopefully!

      Delete