Friday, August 15, 2014

It's Rest Dayyy!

Guys. I've just discovered that my computer at work has access to blogger. This is a beautiful day.


Remember when I said that I gave zero fucks about what the scale said and that it didn't affect me at all? Yea, well I feel like my scale was listening in or some weirdness like that because I weighed myself the next morning FULLY expecting to see 171, and the little bitch said 173. As in, not today bitch, you've gained a pound. Obviously I didn't gain a pound overnight; I know weight fluctuates, but still it was super annoying. I got off the scale and moped around for a while and I'm not gonna lie I was a little flustered for a part of my day. Like shit man, can you just let me lose weight please and thank you? Workin my ass off over here!!

So goes to show you, don't talk shit about your scale because they'll make sure you don't like what you see the next day.

Today is my rest day and I couldn't be happier. I'm literally bouncing off the walls with joy. I'm going to try to make this an active rest day though. Fridays are for burgers in our house and we still haven't bought them, so I've convinced Leon and the dog to walk to the store with me and walk back. It's 2 miles away and 2 miles back, so no biggie I think. But for Leon I might as well have asked him to run a half marathon with me. Mind you he walks a mile to metro every morning...so I'm not sure what the big deal is. Whatever.

Only annoying part of this glorious rest day is that I'm sick. I never get sick. And if I do, I basically feel like I'm about to keel over and die. One of Leon's coworkers got him sick and he brought the little gem of a cold home with him. Super. I'm supposed to run 9 miles tomorrow for half marathon training, and right now that's not lookin so good. We'll see what happens!


Also also, thanks for your advice on how to quit my part time job. You guys are right, at the end of the day my boss shouldn't take it personal that I'm leaving, and if she does, its not really my problem. Sorrynotsorry boss lady.

Have a good weekend friends! Do something crazy. And look at this cutie too.
 
Later friends!
-Crystal



2 comments:

  1. Adorable!

    Wow, four miles round trip? That is definitely an active rest day! Remember when the idea of walking four miles to the store and back was so out of reach for you? HA not anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, if i wasn't allowed free reign on what i can surf at work, i wouldn't work there! i've turned down offers from companies because their network wasn't up to my standards (read: bullshit windows garbage) or there was only an intranet whhhaaaaaat??

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete