Sunday, June 22, 2014

And he said, Let There Be Internet!

I'm aliiiiiive!

We finally have internet at my mom's apartment. The cable/internet guy basically called and said, "yeaaaaa I'm gonna be busy...so yea...you'll have to wait some time.." Yea, ok sir. Perfectly fine. You never know just how much you miss internet and television until you don't have it for about 2 weeks. #FirstWorldProblems I know. Don't judge me too harshly.

I missed bloggy world. I missed the people that comment regurlary. I miss reading blogs all day in my spare time. I couldn't even read my blogs on my phone because I'd run up my data plan! So much to catch up on. Sheesh. While I catch up on all of the blogs I follow (40 blogs..I'll be reading for a while) this is my last uhhh long time, in review.

1. I signed up for another 10 mile race and another half marathon, because I obviously don't remember the pain I experienced in my right hip, and feet for the last 4 miles well enough. I'm running with one (hopefully two, yea I'm lookin at you, Kyle) of my sorority sisters who've never run a half before! It's the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Half Marathon and it's in October aaaand I'm dumb for having to train in the summer hear. The only nice thing is that running races around Northern VA/DC always makes me really grateful to live here, I mean how many people can say they've run across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge that bridges VA and MD? Uhhh not many..I think. And for my first half we ran down Capitol Street, ya know the street where the Capitol is right in front of you? Yea. 'Merica.

2. I had a good ole fashion night on the town with my very best friend in the entire world. We left our men at home, went to some townie bar that only locals who never left Manassas go to, and danced our hearts out till 3 am. And made men buy us drinks. And then we got nasty gas station food and went to sleep. I wish she didn't live 5 hours away. We've been friends since 7th grade!
super unflattering and I don't care.

3. I signed up for ANOTHER race. It's only a 5k so it's no biggie. I just really like medals..and I love Flex It Pink even more. They're an amazing company, that's owned by 2 women who want women to be empowered and to empower each other. They have virtual 5ks quite often actually, and its a little less than $30 and you get a tank/tee shirt, a medal (I love me some medals), race bib, stickers, and some other goody. Totes worth it. 

4. Got my hairs did! It was a lot nicer on Friday, but the heat and humidity ruined my curls..little bitch. Went a little darker and keeping it long for the summaaaa. I also wore my Flex Till You're Famous shirt because it makes me feel intense. Also I was walking my dog and some guy asked if I work out a lot, because it looks like I do. Although a wee bit on the creeper side, I really appreciated the compliment. Ya know when you can just tell that people are just athletic? I'm glad that someone saw that in me. Because lemme tell ya, this girl has NEVER been the athletic type. And today my size 8s were biiiit on the looser side in the waist. No complaints here my friends!

5. I saw this quote and loved it. 


Later gators. Make this week yours!
-Crystal


1 comment:

  1. YAAAAAAAAY internet! Welcome back!

    Oh man those two races sound awesome. And yep, we all forget the pain that happens at the end of a race. That's why we keep siging up for them. I'm running a flippin' half in August. Insane much? I have high hopes I won't pass out. fingers crossed!

    Training in the summer makes you bad ass! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete