Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Hump Day Confessions/Questions?

I've got a shmorgasborg (spelling?) of things to chit chat about, so we're doin this random style. Hope that's alright with you foks. Also I didn't do the Hump Day Confessions link up mostly because I'm lazy, but I really meant to, I swear. Next week. I promise. I feel like I'm breaking blogger laws or something...anyways,

1. I need some books to read. I just ordered Emily Giffin's, The One and Only and I'm super excited to read it. I also got Walden by Thoreau. Emily Giffin is my favorite author, besides James Frey, and I just love everything about Thoreau, so they were obvious choices. But I do want to branch out and read new things soooo suggestions are welcome please and thank you k great. This isn't a confession, obviously. I just want some books folks.

2. It's National Running Dayyy so I hope you guys got out and ran/walked/crawled/jogged. Ya know, whatever you wanna do. I tried to beat my 5k time of 29 minutes (outside running) on a treadmill and that most definitely didn't happen. I freakin hate treadmills. I get so bored, and there's only so much Food Network and Law & Order on to distract me... Nonetheless, I did finish in 29 minutes and 26 seconds, so it wasn't too bad. Confession: I looked up my past running times, and goooooood God I've gotten better. I just looked up my old times (tried to post a picture, but of course blogger decides it doesn't wanna let me do that right now..asshats.) and the first time I ran (lol more like walk/jog) it took me 40 minutes. That's crazy right? Right. So I'll stop my complaining about 29 minutes now.




3. I'm making my Instagram more fitness related and I'm kind of nervous about it, ya know? It started out as just a regular page with mostly college friends and a sprinkle of home friends. Now there's a lot of people I don't know following me and I honestly would like to post more fitness stuff with a mix of my real life, but I don't want to turn my real friends away... is this making sense or am I talking in circles? Ugh.


4. I get really bitter when I see some of my favorite fitness accounts on IG all of a sudden becoming beach body coaches. Like god damn, how many beach body coaches does the world need? I like to follow people who are normal, got off my ass one day and did the damn thing kinda folks. Probably because that's what I did and it reassures me that this is totally doable and that I should stop complaining. But it just frustrates me when people become beach body coaches and sell people these shakes an shit that they do not need. Yes I understand some people use it to get started and to get the motivation going, but hey, just my opinion. Instead of spending hundreds of dollhairs on shakes, you could do some research and go buy some groceries and get the same if not longer lasting results. Who wants to buy shakes forever? Not I, said the fly. Rant over.

5. It's midnight and I'm blogging and my dog is literally snoring in my ear and that means it's time to go before I smack her. Jk I would never hit her. Peace out girl scouts.



Hopefully blogger decides to chill the fuck out tomorrow so I can upload actual pictures and not wack ass google shit. Can you tell I'm bitter? So much vulgar language tonight...sorry friends.

-Crystal

5 comments:

  1. lol it's nearly 3 am and I am reading this #dontjudge but when you get that list of books I wanna know. I am putting together my 'summer or longer' reading list :)

    AND yes there are too many beach body coaches, so over it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh to the beachbody coaches crap. I am so with you! I keep trying to tell people, look if you want to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE then unless you plan on drinking shakes forever, figure out how to lose weight with regular food. IT IS POSSIBLE!
    Thank you for ranting for me.

    As for book recommendations, have you read anything by Marian Keyes? Or Jane Green? I like Marian Keyes more than Jane Green. My favorite would be Sushi for Beginners. Both of those authors are british..well, Keyes is Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed on following normal people! Everyone does not need to back some sort of product in order to be relevant! Go on with the fitness IG! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG TOTALLY #4 you are dead on! Drives me batty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 5k time is still 34minutes Im doing the C25K thing now to see if I can increase the time.
    Yes to normal people but Ill admit I sold Visalus for a little while when I first started my journey :)

    ReplyDelete