Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Losing It Tuesday: C4 review and yesterday's workout!

Today was a really good day. It was just a big mixture of everything. I posted this picture on my Instagram and Facebook today, and got a lot of positive feedback. I've never had someone be negative, but it really makes me feel good when people I haven't talked to since high school, or people I didn't really talk to in college, congratulate me and ask how I did it/how they can get started.


The first picture is from the summer after my sophomore year of college. Losing weight wasn't even on the brain, when it ooooobviously should have been. Whatever, until you want to lose it for yourself, advice from other people falls on deaf ears. I was real deaf.

Moving on. Yesterday was leg day. I died. Like, hanging onto bathroom walls and waddling around the office today, died. My booty hurts, my hamstrings hurt, my quads hurt.

My workout consisted of
    > 10 minutes on the dreadmaster aka stairmaster, medium speed. You should have quite a bit of sweat             happening at the end of this.
    > 3x10 warm up squats. not too deep..thats what she said. sorry couldn't resist. just to loosen up your              legs a bit more
    > 4x10 squats in the squat rack. If this is too terrifying, just use a barbell! I was intimidated by the squat            rack for over a year. I usually do a set of 10, bump up the weight, and repeat till my legs are dead. 
    > 4x10 goblet squats. I'm horrible at explaining workouts, so just google them. Really, you don't want me        to try an explain.
    > 4x10 stiff leg deadlifts. These are the devil and they hurt so good. I try to bump up the weight with each        set.
    > 4x10 leg press (upping weight each set), superset with plyo switch lunges. Superset means not taking a          break between exercises. So hop off the leg press and go right into switch lunges. Yea. The devil.
    > 3x12 leg extension machine. Try turning your feet inwards, outwards, and straight to work different                parts of the quad.
    > Waddle out of gym. You're welcome.

ALSO! I got my Cellucor C4 Extreme pre-workout in the mail today. Excitement: level 10

I love it. I had some random other brand before and it made me feel super tingly all over and I wasn't a fan. This only makes you mildly tingly for like 10 minutes and then it turns to beastmode energy. I took it 20 minutes before I got the gym and I felt great. I got there ready to hulk smash some weights and that's what I did. I've never had such a good burn as I did today when I worked my shoulders. I felt like I gave it my all, and I was a happy camper. Maybe it was all in my head? Whatever, I'll take it.


After the gym, I made a protein pancake because for some reason protein shakes make me a little nauseous sometimes. Not sure what that's about..Here's my sexy pancake.

The recipe is on my Instagram if you wanna check it outttt! For those without instagram, it is:

*1 scoop protein of your choice (I used cellucor cor-fetti cake batter)
*1/4 cup (approximately) of almond milk, or enough to make the consistency you like
*1/4 teaspoon baking powder
*some cinnamon because I like the stuff
*1 egg

Mix it up and put it in a pan. Cook like a pancake. It'll get big and fluffy because of the baking powder, not dense like some protein goodies. Again, you're welcome. I topped it with 1/2 scoop protein powder mixed with some almond milk. And chocolate chips. Because chocolate.

Got any protein recipes you love?!


Later friends
-Crystal

4 comments:

  1. There is something about protein powder that makes me gag every time. Just the smell of it grosses me out. Which makes it super fun for me to fine ways to add more protein to my diet!
    You are a beast! GO YOU!
    Love the transformation pictures. YOU LOOK GOOOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone in the protein gagging. I just cannot deal. And thank you!!!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to try this pancake deal. Definitely saw the transformation pic on insta and hit like - duh, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girrrrl. Yes omg try the pancake and tell me how you like it. I'm currently eating another one haha!

      Delete