Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Weekend, The Good, and the Mondays,,on a Tuesday.

First of all, I took my contacts out before blogging, like a dummy and my dog chewed up my glasses last week, so if there are typos in here, I'm sorry, buuuut I'm blind as a bat. I did take typing class my freshman year of highschool, and I was an English/French major in college, so I should be ok...hopefully.

No post yesterday because my blogger was acting foolish. I actually wanted to post dammit. I think I'm seeing progress in my back muscles! Lookie! If I'm not, well then just play along ok? Thanks. If anything, I'll use this sucker as a progress picture in the future.

Or maybe it's just my shoulders but it looks like my back? Who knows. Ignore my creeper eye in the corner. I was trying to hurry because there's only one big mirror and folks could walk in any moment and catch me takin selfies #awkward.

After the gym on Sunday/taking selfies, I decided to go get my nails donezo. I just like being pampered, what can I say? It was glorious. I haven't gotten my nails done in years. Literally. Probably why my girl Nancy was all up in my toes with both hands. I used to dance contemporary/modern and ballet in highschool, and we danced barefoot a lot, so I needed the callouses on my feet for pirouettes and whatnot. Gross, I know. But pedicures were a big no-no, and I just never thought to go, even after I stopped dancing.
Since I rarely drink sodas, basically only when I go out drinking with friends, I drink this store brand carbonated flavor stuff. Tastes just like soda to me, and its zero calories and zero sugar. Yes its sweetened with aspartame and other crap, but my intestines have yet to fall out of my booty hole, so don't give me any crap! I'm punny.

Anywho, moving to the present. So I've had a long week, and by week I do mean just Monday. It's fine, just go with it. The end of the month is always crazy at my job while we close out accounts an shit My week started with this gem.
If you can't read that, it says "2 miles to empty". You know that emoji on iphone that's like -___-, well yea that was my face. Of course the day I have no gas I'm stuck in typical Northern VA traffic. Kill me. Luckily I made it to a gas station because I have a little reserve tank in my car, but still that shit is nerve wracking. 


My day didddd get better though! Did some online shopping after my workout as a reward. Old Navy had sent out an email mentioning their active wear sale and I told myself that if I worked out I could buy some goods. You best believe I got that workout in! 2 mile run, 1/2 mile fast paced walk at level 10 incline, followed by bicep/tricep workout, followed by taking the little demon on a walk. So I treated myself to a tank top, some size 8 skinny khakis for work, and a pencil skirt...We'll have to see if the pencil skirt looks ok on my below average height self..I'm only 5'3. ugh. Here's to hoping I love it all!

Last little nugget: A girl I went to college with but didn't really talk to commented on one of my instagram (@simply_crystaal) pictures saying that since I talked about body pump so much she was going to try it out tonight!!! She sent me a picture of herself after the class was over and said that it wore her out, but it was worth it. I smiled so hard. Someone stepped outside of their comfort zone because of something I said, and it made my whole night! 

-Crystal


6 comments:

  1. Love the progress with your back muscles! Looking good! And I adore puns (even if they are shitty! Ha! - see what I did there?)
    Awesome job with the workouts this week and great rewards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha love your punny joke. Made my night. and thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Dang your back muscles are insane! GO YOU!

    Ugh I hate that Miles to Empty warning. Glad you didn't run out of gas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for that carbonated flavor water deliciousness too. I mean, no sugar, no calories, no sodium, it's a win in my book even if there's other bad crap in there. Back is looking good girl, wish I had your motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live for carbonated water. We're not dead so it's good in my book hahah and thank you!!

      Delete