Monday, September 15, 2014

Crafts and Dumpster Diving

Sup suckaaaassss!

Today is Monday and I'm just like ughhhh kill me now. This past weekend was reckless/amazing and I wish I had more time to lay in my bed. Let's do a little recap, shall we?

1. Friday night le boyfriend and I went to my baby brudder's football game with my mom. My brother is actually turning 17 next month so he's not a baby but whatever. He doesn't get much playing time since he hasn't played in like 3 years, but it keeps him busy and out of trouble sooo win win. It was still a lot of fun to watch a highschool game, mostly because I was people watching/creeping/being weirded out by the high school social scene. Kids in high school are so freakin weird. Everyone is trying so hard to fit in and its almost painful to watch them interact with each other. Plus I cannot even comprehend the clothes they wear. I saw a LOT of spandex shorts on people who were just spectating and even a bikini top? Just regular students. WHAT. I cannot deal. Thank goodness it wasn't like this when I was in highschool.

2. Last week I hinted around about wanting this gorrrgeous watch with my sorority letters on it, thinking nothing of it. 10 minutes later I had a confirmation email in my inbox, showing that my boyfriend had bought it without saying a word. SWOON. It came in on Friday after work, so naturally I squealed like a freak and didn't take it off till I went to bed. Need to master the art of stacking them now..
Isn't she precious?

3. Saturday morning I fully intended on waking up early and going for a long run. Really, I did. But then I realized that it was my first Saturday not working a part time job and I just wanted to freakin enjoy sleeping in. It. Was. Glorious. I felt so well rested and I got my morning snuggles from Tiger while Leon was still passed out.
Best cuddler ever.

4. After I got up, like ten years later, I got all Pinteresty and decided that I wanted to work on a project. So. I picked a gallery wall. Ya know, like this. 
So I took my happy ass to the Goodwill down the street to get some frames. I already have a few brown frames and one teal fram from college, plus a mustard/cream chevron canvas from Target, so I'm gonna stick with chocolatey brown/teal/mustard/gold/grey themes. I'm super excited for it to come together. This is what I have so far. Gonna need to spray paint/paint over some of those!

5. After coming down from my pinterest high I was feeling even more crafty, so when I noticed a table/chest out behind our apartment next to the dumpster, I made Leon drag that sucker inside. Ohhhh yes. Come to mama. Those square details aren't around the whole thing, just on the doors. Weird though, only one door opens. The other one doesn't have hinges, so I guess it's not supposed to open. Dumb. I think it'll be used to put Leon's record player on, once we get one (he keeps harassing me about it, so it'll be soon) and I'm pretty pumped to paint it another color and see what we can do with it. 

I also decided that I need to make my own necklace holder since I can't find one that I like in stores. Mind you I can't even find a freakin stud in the wall, but I somehow think I can work a drill. Not. Will the nice folks at home depot drill some holes in wood for me? Is that a thing? Or do I need to buy one....? I'm just tryin to make cute shit ok?! I'm thinkin one of these beauties.



#sendhelp I have no idea what I'm doing.

Hope you guys had good weekends filled with animal snuggles and dumpster diving!
-Crystal


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha loved this post. I always have the best intentions of being crafty and getting stuff up around my house and it never happens. Looks like you made some good progress though! I love going to Goodwill and finding all sorts of things to "fix up" for my house...even if they then sit in the garage forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I bet Home Depot would do something like that. That would be awesome!

    Spending your first Sat off in ages sleeping in sounds like an awesome idea. Your run can wait.

    ReplyDelete