Thursday, September 4, 2014

Liebster? Meeee?

Hellooooo

So the fabulous Laura at Life With Lolo nominated yours truly for a Liebster Award! I didn't even know what that was before I was nominated, but now I feel pretty great about it. A little bit about this little gem:


 "The Liebster Award is generally given to bloggers with less than 200 followers to give them some much deserved recognition! When you are nominated you share 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you, then nominate 11 bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer."

So. On with the questions that Laura has given me!

1. What is your chapstick of choice?
Please don't kill me Laura, but I haaate chapstick. Honestly I don't like anything on my lips. I danced up until I graduated highschool, so lipgloss, lipstick, chapstick all that stuff just reminds me of stage makeup haha. And my lips never get chapped, soooo yea. 

2. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I only have liiike 8 pairs. Maybe 9? And 3 of those are for the gym. Awkward. My feet are a size 9.5-10 so up until more years, shoes for big foot women haven NOT been cute.

3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I went to Europe when I was in highschool with People to People Student Ambassadors, and we only got to see the touristy parts, so I'd really like to go back without all of the restrictions that we had. But besides that, I think I'd like to go somewhere tropical..This is my friend Lauren and I somewhere in Europe.. Good god we look like babies.


4. What is your favorite sport to watch? To play?
I never played traditional sports in highschool. I danced 3-4 days a week though and I'll be damned if that's not considered a sport! To watch, The Summer Olympics. That's really the only times that sports can hold my attention. Plus drinking games. Sooo you can't go wrong I think. 

After my final Senior Performance! I'm in the bottom right!

5. What's on your desk? (photos, calendar, food, etc...)
Food. All of the food. Lots of peanut butter...I like options, ok? My coworkers think I have a problem. My desk is right when you come in the office, so I can't decorate as much as I would like..lame. But our office is moving in a couple months and I'm finding a way to decorate it dammit!

6. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
Moving out of my mom's house at 22. Ever since I was little she taught me to be independent and self-sufficient. I was saying those words before I knew what they meant and before I could spell them. Now I'm livin it babyyyy! 

I love my mom, but Lord knows I needed to move out.

7. If you had to shop at one store for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oh shit this is a hard one... For regular clothes, Forever 21. Does that make me trashy? They just have such a wide range from going out, to work, to casual...it's great. For active wear? Old Navy. duh.

8. Salty or sweet?
Salty 4eva. I have to truly be in the mood for sweets.

9. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
I don't think so? I can do different accents/impersonations of friends/family really well..but I'm not sure that's a talent.

10. If you could choose one word to describe yourself what would it be?
Comforting, if that makes sense. I like to make sure people are comfortable in whatever setting I'm in, so I like to make people laugh, whether it be gossiping, drinking, or just chit chatting. I sound like a typical college girl. whatever.



11. What is your favorite Disney movie?
I was never a big Disney fan, but I remember really loving Lion King and Cinderella when I was younger!

And nowwww 11 random facts about me. Please don't feel obligated to read this, I know it's getting long. Pshhh I wouldn't know if you read it anyways. 

*I have to wear socks to bed. Even if its hot. I may take them off eventually, but I'm not gettin in that bed with no socks.

*I've been friends with my core group of girls since 7th grade and I wouldn't trade those hussies for the world. For the most part we're all in the same area, but a few have moved far away. Hasn't changed a thing, and we all still act reckless when we get together.

*I was born in Japan, on Okinawa Air Force base.

*Up until I was abouttt 12, I pronounced any numbers starting with 'tw', like twenty, twenty-one, like "chwenty, chwenty-one". No idea what the fuck that was about.

*I have daddy issues. Mostly, my dad decided to show up when I was 14 and I said HELL NAW issues. My mom did a kickass job on her own, and we didn't  need no man!

*I could eat popcorn and chips & salsa everyday of my life and be perfectly content.

*I was a trueeee band nerd in highschool. Most kids rented their instruments. I had a $700 clarinet and private lessons. I was ranked 4th in my county, and 4th in my district. For so long I wanted to audition for All Virginia Band, but I got lazy in my senior year.

*I majored in English and French in college and I really wish I had pursued a career in either of those fields more.. Ugh..

*My mom is a lesbian, and I grew up with 2 moms. They were together from when I was in 1st grade until my junior year of highschool, sooo it sucked when they broke up. My mom is now a serial dater and it is probably the most hilarious thing of my life. She even went on a date with a man recently, because she said women are too much drama. My family is crazy.

*My brother and I didn't really get along/bond until I went away to college. We more so coexisted up until then. Now I love that turd. Even though he is a hot ass mess.

*I didn't really enjoy highschool. I wasn't "popular", people were assholes, and I just didn't enjoy it. I had the same friends and we had a great time, but besides that...yea no thanks. I also gained a lot of weight my senior year while I was in a super unhealthy relationship. No bueno. 


If you've read all of this, you're practically royalty in my book. You go Glen Coco!

I don't even know 11 people that read this blog...so if you're reading this and you have a blog, I NOMINATE YOU. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. GO NOW. GO GO GO. DO THIS. Don't pull a "well she didn't name me specifically..." because this is me nominating you specifically.

And answer these questions, mmmkay? Great.

1. Do you prefer your men to wear boxers or briefs?
2. What person/celebrity would you trade places with for a day?
3. If you could put a hidden camera anywhere to watch people (making a fool of themselves, not in a creepy/pervy way) where would it be?
4. What is your favorite show to binge watch on Netflix?
5. Favorite adult drink?
6. What's the greatest lesson your parents ever taught you?
7. Have long have you known your BFF?
8. What's your most embarrassing story?
9. What's one really weird habit that you have?
10. Favorite snack?
11.What's the best pet you've had? Or what pet would you want if you don't have one?

I stole some of these from Laura...I do what I want!
Comment with your link if you do this so I can read your answers!!


-Crystal








3 comments:

  1. OK, I read the whole post. I love your peanut butter collection. You have got to buy more shoes. I'm almost 20 years older than you and it makes me smile to remember being a new college graduate and venturing into adulthood. You got this! I am off to answer my 11 questions so you have participation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm defnitely gonna look at the blog you suggested (and yours!), because I'm obviously slackin on the shoe department!! So glad you're participating!!

      Delete
  2. Wahoooooo! You rocked your nom girl. I feel like I know you so much better now, especially the stuff about your family. Now I really wish I had some peanut butter on my desk, because yum. I also really like your one word to describe yourself - I wish more people were the "comforting" sort!

    ReplyDelete