Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sports Bra Struggles

This is a sponsored blog post. Influenster provided me with complimentary Victoria's Secret products to test and review as part of a contest. 


Now that thaaat part is out of the way, let's get to the good stuff. So have you guys heard of Influenster? If not, you should go sign your happy ass up right this second. I've been apart of the Influenster community for about 2 years now, and it is hands down the easiest way to review products/try out new products to see if you want to buy them in the future all for free! It can be kind of confusing at first trying to figure out what you're supposed to do to get points, but after some time it becomes a great way to pass the time. Go to Influenster.com if you're interested in joining the site!

But I digress. Yesterday I received the Victoria's Secret Sport Box and to say I was excited was an understatement. I may or may not have stalked/harassed the mailman AND called the local post office..twice.. to make sure they hadn't lost it. I do not mess around with VS. 




It's like Christmas up in the bitch. And then the heavens opened up..


I got a sports bra AND pants!! I saw a lot of people who got this box got a bra and a water bottle, so I definitely lucked out! I tried both of them on immediately and they were so freaking comfortable. I've heard people say in the past that VS is more for show, not for comfort and not for realistic use. That is so far from the truth. This isn't my first VS sports apparel either. I've purchased a workout tank from them before and the quality is great, so no worries, not biased or anything just because I received it fo free. 

Of course the bra, which is the "Incredible Bra" is cute, but it was also created for larger chested women in mind. It has molded cups, keeps the girls high without over the top push up, is fitted without smothering, and is still functional! What more could I ask for? And the workout tights are perrrfect for upcoming chillier workouts. It's still a little hot to give them a try outside, but I did a quick HIIT workout in them in my room, and I can tell I will love them for runs and for bootcamps. They survived burpees, squats, jumping jacks, and mountain climbers, all with no sliding down, no chafing, and no awkward swishing noises when they rub together. No noise is important to me, ok?!



Now, onto the bra review. I'm in love. Go buy one. Right now, preferably. 
Post 5 mile run and this bra is still lookin hella cute on ya girl.

I decided to go for a run to test it out because that's when my boobs are all over the place. I'm a 36D, formally a 42DDD, sooo yea I need a lot of support. I've said it before, but after losing 60+ pounds, I have pretty much no boobs and a whole lotta skin. Yea I can still fill out a 36D bra so I shouldn't complain, but that's because my boobs used to be freakin gigantic and skin doesn't just disappear. I'm rambling again, sorry friends. Anyways, I really love this bra because it doesn't just suffocate your boobs like you're wearing duct tape. This bra still recognizes the shape of a woman's body and doesn't just want to tie everything down. The Incredible Bra ties everything down and then gives you some oomph to still feel freakin sexy while you're working out. I know that's not important to everyone, and that's A-OK in my book, I just like that VS gives you a 2 for 1 instead of saying, "look bitch, either sexy or sweaty. ya can't get both."

Another note is that I had come to the conclusion that men were always gonna stare at my boobs when I ran because they obviously move around a bit. There's a lot of male runners in my area, but I do have to say that the girls definitely didn't move as much. Also my chest didn't hurt at all today. Usually, I can feel a slight pull in my chest from the bouncing and it is most definitely not comfy, but I thought that was just the cards I was dealt. No! The Incredible Bra has underwire along with the molded cups, so no more slinging your boobs around like  peaches in a grocery bag. They will stay put! Effortlessly! 


No more flat smushed boobies!


Lastly, because this bra has underwire, and keeps the girls sitting up high, this bra can be worn as a regular bra for racer back tank tops! I'm all about some versatility, read: I'm too poor to buy more bras, so every bra needs more than one purpose. Because it's not too tight and suffocating like other sports bras can be, it could most definitely be worn on any occasion without giving you uni-boob or making it look like you're wearing duct tape under your shirt. I mean, more power to ya if thats the look you wanna rock with your racer backs, but I've worked hard for these ta-tas to chill out and shrink, so I'm makin them sit high and pretty whenever I can, and if a sports bra can do the job, uhhh YES PLEASE.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I thought sports bra were just a one size fit all kinda thing and that I was stuck with bras that tied everything down and sent you on your way. After trying out the Incredible Bra by Victoria's Secret, I definitely am breaking up with my old bras. It seems like VS put the time and effort into the technology and design behind each different sports bra to make sure that it fit each customer/body shape/bust size, and ya girl appreciates the heck out of that.

Also I received a small handful of VS Sport coupons for 25% off! They expire on Sept. 21, but if you think it would make it to you in time through snail mail, I wouldn't mind sending a few out! Email me your mailing address if ya want! Cljones.773 (at) gmail (dot) com.

-Crystal



3 comments:

  1. Ah, the sports bra dilemma. I'm with you on this, most of them are so constricting! I bought one VS sports bra during semi-annual sale and I didn't love it... but maybe it was because of the style. The one I bought isn't a racer back and it also kind of rubs (under-wire I think). I still want to believe in the magic of the VS sports bra and this post helped me believe it is still alive! I will have to try the Incredible too. Although I might have to wait till the next semi-annual sale since I can't afford one otherwise. Great post on a topic us well endowed ladies always struggle with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a traditional sports bra that you have to pull on -- I hate rolling those things on and off -- I'm looking for something that is easy to take off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna lie, it is freakin annoying to get on and off, mostly because its an underwire bra that goes on like a sports bra. So you kind of have to pull your boobs one by one into place. Awkward, I know.

      Delete