Monday, September 1, 2014

That time I got rear ended on the highway

Hey friends.

So my labor day weekend was quite spectacular. Let's back that ass up to this past Thursday. I left home around 7:30 pm heading to Va Beach to see some sorority sisters for the long weekend.  I was trying to beat some of the holiday traffic, and I was successful, until I got to to Va Beach. Apparently someone had a really good idea to do nightly construction on a freakin 2 lane highway. Yea, 7 mile backups are super cool. Of course by this time the radio has already repeated Taylor Swift's new song at least 8 times....Kill me.

Got to my friend's apartment a lot later than expected. We chatted and caught up with life an all, and called it a night around 1:30 am. Aaaand then I woke up at 7:30 to go workout on campus. My alma mater finally got with the times and started a Crossfit class that's free and open to alumni! I was a little skeptical at first, like ok yea it's just some random professor teaching it..but no! It's an instructor from an actual Crossfit box. I was impressed.

So the WOD (workout of day) was on teams. My team had 3 people and we had to run 2 miles with a 40 pound bag and a kettlebell. One person couldn't hold both so me and another girl switched off the whole time. The other girl on our team had just started working out for the first time, so the workout was a little harder for her but my team decided we would stick together and finish strong instead of letting her fall behind. I gave her breathing advice and tried to encourage her while we were running and it made me think back to when I first started working out. I could barely run for 30 seconds and I was so grateful to people who would try to help instead of just leaving me behind. I was so proud of her when she finished the 2 miles strong and we ended up winning!

You know I had to flex.

Moving on, I had packed some meals so I wouldn't go absolutely crazy, so I had that for lunch. For dinner I had sushi and hibachi because I only eat it when I go down to va beach. NO RAGRETS. Also went with one of my sisters to get her first tattoo! 

The self proclaimed princess got a crown tattoo.

That night I drank with my friends and had a dandy old time eating drunk food. Saturday morning I had every intention of working out, buuuut I slept till 10 instead. I don't think I've slept in till 10 in over a year. So I met up with another sister and went to the beach for the day, and it was glorious. I haven't been to the beach in FOREVER. I used to hate the beach. I would either keep my coverup on or I wouldn't get up to get in the water because I didn't want people to look at me. This time I wore my VS bandeau bikini and got in the water and even walked the beach on the water for a good half mile or so. I wasn't self conscious at all and it was really refreshing.

After the beach we got Mexican at my all time favorite restaurant, Plaza Azteca. It's a favorite of literally everyone at my college and it's relatively cheap. You can't come to town and not go. I had a jumbo margarita, chips & guac, a huge burrito and I felt zero dollars of guilt. Ya know why? I ate healthy every single day in August. No cheat meals at all. I deserved this deliciousness.

Yep, that's me in the top left. Drunk in a restaurant. Forever classy.

When you get drunk at 3pm, you feel like sleeping for the rest of the day. I went to Hooters for another drink anyways, and to see another sister that I love so much. So yea, everyone went out and partied and got drunk, and I went back to my friends apartment, watched Netflix and passed out. 

The next morning I got up to go home because I missed my little family a lot actually. About an hour out from home, I'm singing real loud to Sia's song 'Chandelier' and traffic is slowing down and I happen to look up and see a car dangerously close to me. So I tried to swerve out of the way, but no, too late. I got rear ended. His car bounced back, and I guess he panicked and hit the gas accidentally instead of the brake, because he rear ended me AGAIN. So I screamed and then pulled over as I'm shaking like crazy. Called the po po, talked to the little college kid and sat in the freakin hot sun for forever, and went on my way. The guy said he dropped something and bent down to get it without looking at traffic. WHY. Whatever. Homeboy's car was fuuuucked. His hood was completely smashed and he was trying to convince the cop that he could drive it. Yea, no. My car on the other hand is basically indestructible. I've been rear ended 3 times with this car, and every time it's just a couple scratches haha. My bumper is just that really durable plastic but apparently it's pretty fantastic. 

And that was my weekend! Tiger hasn't left my side since I got home. Ugh, I love her.

-Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Awesome weekend right up until the rear ending part. Glad your car was fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Sorry about getting rear-ended! Glad you are ok though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome weekend! You deserve the indulgence every single bit - hello it's vacation anyway! So cute about little miss Tiger too, she knows her mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! There is absolutely no excuse for driving recklessly. Everyone should either stay focused when driving or not drive at all. At any rate, I'm glad you're okay and that the car took all the damage. Hopefully, the guy driving the other car learned something from all of that, and will be a bit more responsible the next time around. Thanks for sharing that, Crystal! Take care always! :)

    Warren Daniels @ Pritzke & Davis, LLP

    ReplyDelete