Thursday, May 8, 2014

10 choses sur moi (10 things about me, folks)

Hey so I'm following the lead of one of new faves, Lolo, over at Life With Lolo! She posted a "10 Things About Me" kinda jam, so I'm following suit, mostly because I have nothing to say, and also because you folks know the weight loss Crystal, and also that I talk about my dog a lot...but not much else! So here we goooo!


Gotta document good hair days. I know you understand.

1. My biggest pet peeve is when people don't finish stories/lose their train of thought when they get distracted. I don't know what it is...but I lose my shit when people say, "wait, what was I saying?" OMG JUST REMEMBER AND FINISH THE STORY.

2. I actually went to school and majored in both English Literature and French Studies. I wanted to go into book publishing, buuuut I quickly realized how absurdly competitive that field is. Unless you know someone who knows someone, or had an internship, you're screwed. I majored in French just because I like it haha. I'd say I'm conversationally fluent?

3. I met my boyfriend in college, in the fall of my freshmen year, at one of our campus traditions, called Mud Games. It's basically a bunch of relay races and competitive games in a big mud pit they make every year. I was talking to a friend, and this weirdo comes up to me and says, "Hey I saw you from over there, and you're beautiful. Can I have your phone number?" I gave it to him, because I thought I was hot shit, but we didn't really talk (besides when I was drunk at parties and he ignored me) until the next semester. It was like a lightbulb went off and I was like WAIT, HE'S HOT. We've gone through more bullshit than most couples (trust me on this one) but we've only come out stronger, 4 years later! I love that turd

4. I went to Europe with People to People Student Ambassadors in high school and I loooved it. We went to Italy, Greece, and France, and I even got to do a home-stay for a couple days in France. I wish I hadn't gone with a program because the rules for the program were a little on the obnoxious side, but whatever. Now that I'm older, I'd love to go back with the boyfriend so we can explore!

5. My guilty pleasure is drama. I'm literally the nosiest person in the world, and if I smell drama you will most likely find me peeking around the corner. I'm sure you guys already knew this if you read my post about creepin on people in the gym. Gimme a juicy rumor or gossip! I won't tell anyone or spread it, or add to it, I just wanna know!

6. I'm a sorority girrrrl. I went to a small college so I was in a relatively small chapter (only 50 members!) and I loved every single second of it. I'm still super close with my sisters; alumnae, and members still in college, and I still try to help out any way I can. I was an officer basically the whole time I was in college, so I'm obviously having a hard time letting go. Sorry bout it.

7. My favorite foods are rotisserie chicken and popcorn. I could eat these 2 things forever an ever and I would be completely satisfied with life I think. Ok but also I really love Mexican food, it's the inner fatty in me.

8. My favorite book is A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. I know a lot of people don't like it because he claimed it was true and then came out and said a lot of it wasn't, but I don't see the big deal. It's still beautifully written and it makes me cry every single time I read it. Ugh, it just breaks my heart and makes me feel whole all over again.

9. I've had the same group of friends since 6th grade, and I can honestly say we're all still true friends to this day. It's not even because we're just older and don't want to make more friends, because we all have other friends outside of the group. But these people are my crew. We do Secret Santa every year, celebrate birthdays together, and have seen each other through the good and bad times. Also, we've had a message chain on Facebook between all of us since the day before started college (Fall 2009), so we could all keep in touch since we all went to different schools for the most part. We had to start a new one halfway through college when we overused it!

10. I'm terrified that one day I'll gain all my weight back. I mean, realistically, I know I've made some serious changes and that I won't let that happen. But still, the thought sits in the back of my mind. It literally took me until uhhhh a couple days ago, to get rid of clothes that are 4-5 sizes too big.

That was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be.. weird.

Goodnight folks!
-Crystal

3 comments:

  1. I went to Europe right after I graduated with 2 girlfriends and semi "backpacked" through Switzerland, France and Italy. It was the most amazing experience, so if you get te chance go back for sure! Love this post and learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id love to go to Europe or anywhere really Ive never left the South!
    Im afraid I will gain all my weight back to it is quite terrifying!

    ReplyDelete