Monday, May 12, 2014

Not a Single Macro was Counted..

Well, as my title reads....the whole moderation thing was a big ole bust.

Friday started out so well. I got on the road at 11:30 and I was feeling good about my food options. Before, I would pack all sorts of junk for the trip down to Va Beach, which is around 3 hours from Northern Va. I'm talkin candy, soda, aaaand chips..all for just 3 hours. I would use any excuse to justify eating all the goods. This time, I packed some healthy goodness. Check it outtt!


I picked up a water bottle about 30 minutes into the drive, when I got gas (gas is absurdly priced near my house, because I live near DC) mostly because my A/C is dead. I also packed a little mix of cherries, pineapples, and mangos to keep me happy. I fully realize that sometimes I eat out of boredom, so at least I'm eating healthy instead of stuffing my pie hole with junk. Baby steps, folks. 

Once I got down there, 5 AND A HALF HOURS LATER (Traffic was despicable. I'm still mad about it.), we did some shopping and that was pretty great. This is the outfit I bought for the night out.


This is not the best photo of it, but that skirt is a medium (!!!) and the shirt is also a medium (!!!!) I was pretty excited for both. I think the last time I wore a skirt like that, it was an XL and I had no business wearing it haha. Anyways, we were heading out to a bar near the beach, hence the flip flops. Everything is pretty casual down there.. We did a little (a lot) of drinking aaaand yea. It felt like college all over again, and I have zero regrets! The next day we didn't wake up till 10 (which is super late for me) and then we promptly went back to sleep (aaand cue hangovers for all 3 of us). We got lunch took another nap, ate dinner, and proceeded to lay around the rest of the night just laughing and gossiping. You can check out the picture of me and the amigas on my Instagram! 

I really had all intentions of working out, but they went right out the window after that 6th shot...ugh the college girl in me was just begging to come out, so I let her! I rarely go out and rarely drink, and I've been super stressed lately, so hey, I had some fun. No regrets here! Although I definitely did realize that while me and college girl Crystal were having fun, my body was getting more and more mad by the second. By Sunday morning I felt so ridiculously bloated from all the junk and I had a killer headache from lack of water all weekend. As much as that sucked, I did like that my body had finally changed and realized that it enjoyed healthy food. So I'm back to the healthy eating now, allllll better. I'm not weighing myself till Friday, because there's no point in frustrating myself when I know most of it is water weight and bloat. Yea no thanks, I'd like to keep my sanity. 

I went home Sunday morning after having breakfast with my gorgeous grand little in my sorority, Beckie. I've missed her so so much and it was so good to see her and catch up. She's kickin ass and taking names as our chapter President, and I'm so proud of her!! Sorry had to brag; anywho, I was fallin asleep at the wheel because driving sucks, so I stopped at Starbucks for a venti skinny frappucino with 2 shots of espresso. Could I have made a better decision? Probably. Did I? Nope. Do I have an excuse? Not really. But ya know what? Shit happens and it's a new week and I'm not holding on to it. Because that's dumb and I have the rest of my life to get it right. Also I refuse to lie to you guys and act like my life is all rainbows and unicorns because that's not fun and if I were you, I would virtually punch me in the throat for being happy and perfect all the time. Ahem, stepping off of my lifestyle soap box now.

Back to the story! When I was literally 2 minutes from my house, I got pulled over for speeding. I wasn't even mad because 1) I was definitely speeding, mostly because I was jammin out to Sara Bareilles (sidebar: I got tickets to her summer tour and I'm PUMPED) and not paying attention and 2) I literally get pulled over all the time, so it doesn't even phase me anymore. Seriously, this is my 5th ticket my friends. He was super nice though! I told him I had no reason for speeding, I was just tired from driving all day, and he reduced my "you're going too fuckin fast speeding ticket" (50 in a 35, GET IT TOGETHER CRYSTAL) to "disregarding a highway sign". I'm probably the only person in America who thanks cops for a ticket, but yea that happened too. Such a friendly fella who was lookin out for ya girl.

Saw the boyfriend, celebrated Mother's Day with my mama bear, harassed the boyfriend for not getting me a Mother's Day gift (Tiger is my child, duh) and called it a night. 

My little drama queen wouldn't leave my side once I got home!


How were you guys weekends? How do you deal with weekend mess-ups in your diet/working out?

-Crystal


5 comments:

  1. Wow crazy busy and fun weekend! Sorry about the speeding ticket but awesome NSV for the shirt! Glad you had a good time with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to the speeding ticket. I must confess, I drive like an old person so I would not have handled that ticket with as much aplomb. Hey, at least you realize your faults, right?
    Sounds like an awesome and fun filled weekend. I need a weekend like that. And yes, you did deserve a mother's day card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing weekend. I wouldnt have regrets either thats why its a lifestyle change, you can have fun and let loose sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally in agreement with having a few weekends that are a free-for-all. Sometimes you just need it for your sanity. I didn't need it for my sanity this weekend but it still happened anyway - I blame the BF for NEEDING pizza Friday night and it all went down hill from there. Your reason (girls weekend!) is a much better excuse. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun weekend - you look amazing in that photo girl! also, i just wanted to say i just finished reading the two thirds hazel post and i opened the blogs of all the commenters with the same views as me... so hi!! haha glad i found your blog!

    ReplyDelete