Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Last Thursday update? Awkward.

Hey friends. Know how I'm feelin? I;m feelin like I'm walking to the principal's office with a fake note for skipping school for like 4 days in a row. Sorryyyyy. Weird, I actually had things to say last Friday, but I didn't because it was freaking hot out and when it's hot I get crabby. And when I get crabby, I clean. So yea, weird excuse but it is what it is.

What I wanted to talk about was a craaaaazy workout on Thursday. My gym has bootcamp classes twice a week, and I've only been to the Saturday class, which is an older crowd. So I figured the Thursday class would be about the same.

 I WAS WRONG. VERY WRONG.

I don't remember every bit, but let's just chat about the fact that it was the workout from the devil himself.
It was partner style, so I saddled up close to the buffest girl in the room to challenge myself to keep up with her. So the instructor says that every exercise will be a set of 100. We did 100 burpees. While your partner did her 25, 50 however you guys wanna break it up to get 100 done, you have to do wall sits.

After burpees/wall sits, we did jump squats/tricep holds, then pushups/bull dog holds, tuck jumps/more burpees......followed all this with a forever long run around the room.

I burned 730 calories in an hour and I felt AMAZING. Don't get this confused with how I felt during the workout. Because that was hell. But after, I felt quite nice. Also I was major creep and chatted with my partner about what kinds of exercises she does, because girl was BUFF. She had a pretty athletic build, defined muscles, and I was majorly girl crushin. Motivation? Uhh yes. Not in a, I wanna be just like you kinda way. But in a, this girl wears makeup to the gym, wears cute gym clothes, and could probably lift twice as much as half the guys in here. Bad. Ass. Don't judge a girl in the gym by her makeup my friends.

Moving on to Memorial Day weekend, I hope you guys had a good one! I had to work Saturday and Sunday, because life is unfair, but I did enjoy time with my family, as well as enjoying a day off on Monday. I'm moving with mom and brother tomorrow, until I move again with the boyfriend in July, so we've been busy packing and whatnot. I've been trying to keep my food in tact as much as possible, but I'm not gonna lie and say its been perfect. If anything, I haven't been eating enough. I know, I know, I should've meal prepped, but of course my mother packed all of the pots and pans. Way to go, mom. I'm tryin. I'm at least keepin up with my workouts, so hopefully there won't be a gain this week!

How was the long weekend for you guys?!
-Crystal


1 comment:

  1. I did crossfit with my bf's sister and it was partner style girl put me to shame Lol

    ReplyDelete