Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cleanse Results and Weekend wrap up!

It's Sunday afternoon and I'd say I had a pretty solid weekend. Let's get a little recap goin for ya:

I ended the cleanse on Thursday! I loved it. Only super great things to say about it. I know when people think cleanse, they think starvation, but I'm not about that life. I like to eat, obviously. I never once felt tired or drained, in fact I ate the normal amount of calories that I usually do and worked out the same as usual. Now that it's over, I think I'm going to try to keep the dairy and bread to a minimum since I didn't really miss it anyways. So! Moving on to the results, because let's be real, that's the good stuff.

Starting weight: 175
Ending weight: 169!

I didn't eat bread, dairy, coffee, or add sugar to anything I ate/drank. So I'm sure some of that is just bloat, but I really look and feel better. Ya know how I know the cleanse worked? Because I looked like a hobo at work on Friday. I live for casual Friday, so I wore a maxi skirt, cami, and cardigan. Bad news: They were all too big. While this is a great problem to have, I'm too poor for this shit. I cannot afford to not have clothes that fit!
Ugh.. I guess you can't tell in the picture, but that belt is holding that skirt up for dear life.

On Saturday I went to work at the dog daycare, begrudgingly. I really do enjoy working there, but working 7 days a week is starting to take its toll on ya girl. I'm hoping that once I get a couple months worth of paychecks now that I'm full time at my other job, that I won't need the part time..I don't know. Guess we'll see. After work I took demon dog for a 3 mile run since I was planning on going out for a friend's birthday that night. I'm always reluctant to take Tiger, because she's so small and keep up for long. But she kept up, and I was a proud momma. Only needed to stop 4 times to pee, and once for a little break to lay down in the grass, which is a record for her little bladder and little legs. It was pretty warm out too, so I'm glad she made it!

Tiger, post run. hahaha 

After the running extravaganza, I got ready for the night, curled my hair (this took FOREVER.. I have zero hand/eye/mirror coordination), and met up with my friend Becca and her boyfriend to go into DC. Our friend Erin was celebrating her birthday at a bar called The Science Club, and it had a pretty hipster/swanky/cool vibe. It was a lot of fun, even though I think the waitress thought I was an alcoholic. I just drink my drinks really fast (it's the college girl fighting to stay alive in me), and whenever I asked for another she gave me this wide eyed look and said, "did you not get the one I brought up? Or did you already finish it..." Awkward. Ma'am, just gimme another gin & tonic! 
Some of the girls! We've been friends since 6th grade!

I slept over at Becca's and we got some drunk food at 1 am at a local diner called Bob & Edith's! It reminded me of college and it was delicious. I had a steak & cheese and I have zero regrets. I did resist the reese's eggs that Becca had on her coffee table, so I feel like that's a win. Am I right? I know I'm right.

Moving on to today - I'm obviously a psychopath because I woke up this morning, only slightly hungover, and I decided that I should still go to the gym. So I grabbed a banana and went to back-to-back Body Combat and Body Pump classes and burned 922 calories. Afterwards I picked the boyfriend up from the train station (he had to go out of town for a death in the family) and we got some pho for lunch and caught up. I hadn't seen him since Wednesday! After lunch we went back to my house for a much needed nap. Followed by froyo; y'all know how I feel about some froyo. I haven't had it in over 3 weeks, I think. I got a small size and inhaled it. So freakin delicious. I stayed on track working out wise, and I fit the pho into my macros for the day. I haven't had a treat in a while so I was perfectly fine with the drinks, steak&cheese and froyo!

How were you guys weekends? Did you stay on track for the most part?!

4 comments:

  1. Great little weekend! I now don't feel so bad about eating all of the food. You had excellent results on the cleanse. I've never tried it because the thought of giving up cheese is as close to dying as I can get.. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tired dog picture! Glad she did well for your run.
    Love a jam packed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend and excellent results with the cleanse! Way to go! Love the pooped pup pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job staying on track with the exercise and we all deserve a little treat every now and then...not eating the Reese's eggs definitely does count as a win! ;)

    ReplyDelete