Wednesday, May 7, 2014

New Workout Idea and Weekend Plans!

Today was just a big load of blahhhh. Apparently I missed the memo about calling out of work today, because there was literally 4 of us in the office today. Usually there around 15. So I talked to myself, answered the phone, and drank a lot of water so I could walk to the bathroom to stay busy. Yea, it was that sort of day.

Needless to say, I was not in the mood to work out at ALL this evening. I texted one of my sorority sisters, Crista and asked if I should workout or sleep, and her answer was, "get your ass up". Such a good friend. So I got my ass up and ran a super quick 3 miles. My logic was, faster you run faster you're done. I think it worked out pretty well. My ran my first mile in 9:08! Hot damn! Also, lost my hair tie mid run and it's definitely weird running with your hair down. I've also discovered that running through neighborhoods means you're going to smell fresh laundry sometimes. Along with this, I've discovered that the smell of super fresh laundry makes me nauseous. So there's that. Random, I know. When I got back I felt like I still had a lot of energy, so I did a 20 minute strength workout from the app "Sworkit" for iphone (maybe droids too?). Have you guys heard of this little gem?! I shall show you.
When you open the app it looks like this. Then it asks what part of the body you want to work; upper body, lower body, full body workout, random, or custom. Then it asks how long you're tryin to sweat. It even has an option just to stretch! All the workouts are in 30 second blocks so you're not doing the same move forever. 
You can pause it if you're dying mid workout, and it has some moves I'd never seen before! And I broke a serious sweat following my run - it's worth it my friends. And depending on how long you choose to workout, you get a bunch of 30 second breaks. Last but not least, you get a prize at the end of the workout! YESSS. They're usually small, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. I've gotten a free mp3 download and a crystal light pack hahaha. Download it, try it, tell me what ya think! (I was not paid to say anything about Sworkit and I wasn't given any more free mp3's to say nice things, I just genuinely like it and think it works. All of my opinions are own.)

Moving on, this weekend I'm going to visit some sisters in Va Beach for a little fun. I've been super stressed lately with life at home so I just need to get away. I'm going to be working out both Friday and Saturday, but my eating will be a little off I'm sure. I'll be drinking most likely, as well as eating out at some of my favorite restaurants. I'm not holding back because I only eat at these places a couple times a year and I only see these people a few times a year. Howeverrrrr, I do not plan to go apeshit while I'm down there. Moderation, my friends. I plan to eat a healthy breakfast and at least lunch or dinner as well. This will be a sure test of my willpower, but I think it'll be ok.

And now a little transformation Wednesday, because I do what I want.
The picture on the right is from last year when I first started this whole weight loss thang. Probably around 220? The one on the right is a couple days ago. Let's imagine it's a bikini instead of my underpants and a bra, mmmkay? My boobs are not the same size as before, I'm just wearing a bra that's way too big for me on the right, because I'm poor/cheap.

220 to 170
42 F bra to 36 D
size 18 to size 8-10
loved myself to loving myself more

Nighty night friends!
-Crystal

P.S. The boyfriend and I are applying for our first apartment together tomorrow. If you could say a prayer for us (if that's your thang) or think some happy thoughts (if its not your thang) that'd be super! 

What are you guys plans for the weekend?! Do you use any apps to workout when you're out of ideas?




10 comments:

  1. a trip to Plaza sound amazing right now! ps You & L are such grown ups now

    xo Cassandre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you better believe I'm making a stop at Plaza!! And thank youuu!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the first place with your BF! Can't wait to try that app out. Good lookin' out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good girl! I need that app while Im bored at work I have a windows phone and its apps SUCK!
    Congrats on moving in with your BF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This app is a lifesaver. Literally no excuse to not get a 10 minute workout in haha

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the apt app!
    What an incredible transformation. Good for you for working out instead of sitting on your butt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW the difference is amazing in those pics! You are looking great (and why in the world are bras so damn expensive anyway!)
    Good luck with the apartment app!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying cheaper bras is single handedly the most exciting thing about losing weight haha! My bras used to be easily 40 bucks and that is CRAZY. Thank you!!!!

      Delete