Thursday, July 17, 2014

Exploring a Bit..

We're trying to settle in to our apartment, and hopefully a bit of a routine, but for now I'm just trying to make sure I get my workouts and healthy food in. I didn't realize just how stressful moving can be. Ugh, my life.

Yesterday evening I had plans to go to my new gym and check it out, just so I wasn't walking around like a dumbass during my first workout. My gym I go to now was bought out by Gold's Gym, as was this new gym that I'll be going to, so I don't have to pay anything extra, which is suuuuper! The gym is only 2 miles from our apartment (it's so weird saying our, I keep wanting to say my) so I figured I should run it to see if that's something I want to do whenever I go.


This was before I found all of the goddamn hills in Arlington. Sweet lawd there are some STEEP hills. The good news is that the hills were not hard at all. I credit this to the ridiculous sprint exercises I've been doing. They definitely boost my endurance and I'm all about that. 
Totes not used to running in the city.

The only bad thing was that I feel like my running shoes aren't working out.. which is awkward because I haven't even had them for a year. Ya see, I bought these AMAZING Brooks shoes when I first started to lose weight, and once I lost around 55 pounds I needed new ones so I assumed that I should get the same shoes again. Wrong. I failed to realize that maybe my stride had changed after losing weight, and now my feet kill when I run, even though they're the same brand, same model. Looks like I need to get sized and all that jazz alllll over again. 

Moving on to the gym. I was gonna take pictures and be a real blogger, but guess what? It's actually creepy to stand in a gym where people are working out and take obvious pictures like I'm so sort of secret shopper. I wasn't impressed. It's pretty much cardio on one side, which looked like all new equipment, and then the weight room side, which looked like it hadn't seen new equipment in YEARS. Only 3 benches near the free weights. Da fuck? It just looks raggedy and I'm not happy about it..le sigh. The aerobic room is TINY. Not sure how they fit a lot of people in there..or maybe they don't? 

I'm sure I'm complaining more than usual because I really don't want to switch gyms. I hope I grow to like it, because driving 20 minutes opposed to running 2 miles is NOT the business.

Later gators
-Crystal

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for kicking ass at those hills. Hopefully the gym improves now that it's bought out. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I moved into my house I had to "switch" gyms too. Even though it was a chain and the same "gym" the location that was closer to my new place I HATED. It was always packed, was laid out terribly and never made me feel welcome or excited to work out. I know I should have sucked it up - but I ended up cancelling my membership and joining a completely different gym. I don't like the new one that much more, but it has a location right by my work and by my house and is $15 cheaper a month. What can I say I'll take the deal and work with it for now. Oh wait - I should probably actually go to the gym if I'm going to complain. Eeek, struggle city over here.

    ReplyDelete