Monday, July 7, 2014

July 4th weekend!

I hope everyone had a superb weekend celebrating 'Merica; I know I did. And by I did, I mean I didn't have to go to work on Friday and I ate pretty much everything in sight because I have zero self control... I'm workin on it. At least I worked out pretty hard on Friday, am I right or am I right?

I did my 3.1 miles for the Flex It Pink virtual 5k and then worked my shoulders. The AC in my gym most definitely was not working, because I was drenched in sweat and frightening the man on the treadmill next to me. Some sweat may have flown onto the screen of his machine....woops, sorry bro.

After the gym, the boyfriend and I went into DC to a friend's apartment to watch fireworks from her rooftop! She has amazing views of The Capitol and Washington Monument, so we enjoyed the show without all the touristy crowds and craziness. I didn't get any pictures of the fireworks, because iphone firework pictures are just...no. But I did get some photos of me and the lover boy!

The next day I went to the beloved IKEA with my mom and bought a bunch of goodies for the apartment. Leon managed to get out of shopping with us, claiming that he'd like anything I picked. Good answer, dear. We got the cuuuutest little table that has end leafs that fold up/down if necessary.
Hellooooo lovaaaa. 

It looks like a doll house table in the picture, but I promise it's bigger in person. Chairs to match, 18 piece dining set (in spring green OF COURSE), some jars for baking goods, and other random shit that's necessary for apartment livin laterrr, I was a happy woman. I ended the weekend with Leon making me dinner and going out for froyo, which led to my decision to go froyo free for the rest of the month. I've been using froyo as my weekly cheat, which is perfectly fine, as I believe in everything in moderation. 

However, lately I feel like I've been overboard with the toppings there. Like, no way all that shit fits in my macros and no way this shit is a healthy amount of calories. Because I know that I haven't completely learned self control when it comes to my all time favorite foods, I'm cutting it out until I get my shit together. So as of now, no popcorn unless it's in a single serve bag, and no froyo until further notice. I'm so glad I have a supportive boyfriend who completely understands how I feel when I get all crazy about foods. I told him, "do you think we can slow down on the froyo? And by slow down I mean cut that shit out?" and he said, "I only eat there because you like it so much, so if you don't wanna go, we don't have to go" I told him I need him to be firm with me if I'm insisting on some froyo and he said our conversations from now on will consist of, "froyo?" "hell no." We thought it was cute...whatever.

How were your weekends? Do you have any trigger foods that you've had to cut out temporarily?

2 comments:

  1. Ha I like it. Froyo? Hell no!

    Too bad about the a/c and spreading around the sweat. Ah well, he'll recover. And he's got a good story about the amazingly fit woman who sweated all over him at the gym.

    ReplyDelete