Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Losing it Tuesday w/ SkinnyMeg

Is it ok that I kind of stole/am joining SkinnyMeg for Losing it Tuesdays? Yes? Ok good. I'm just tryin to join the goodness my friends. Let me live!

So I've had 2 really good workouts in a row and both were unconventional. Yesterday I just didn't want to go anywhere or do anything after coming home. I always feel awful coming home and taking Tiger out, only to put her back in her crate so I try to spend time with her before going to the gym. I know people get mommy guilt with their kids, but uhhh can we chat about dog mom guilt? That shit is real. I feel it in my soul.

Anyways, Tiger was givin all the cuddles so the couch was all like, "nah girl, you don't need to work out, just chill here with me and Tiger.." So I let the couch win for liiiike 2 hours. And then I took my happy ass outside. There's a park right behind my mom's apartment and I was actually pretty excited/nervous to create my own workout and run around like a fool in public where I'm sure at least one person was creepin.. I say that because lord knows I'd be creepin on someone workin out in public.


Also good news, this video I posted on Instagram apparently plays on here? So that's exciting stuff. My workout was a killer and I survived the awkwardness of running around AND recording myself. Hot damn I'm on a roll suckas. Of course mid workout, some nice man brings his dogs and lets them run around off leash, so of course the dogs take my sprinting as an invitation to play. You know I love me some doggies, so I had to take a quick break to give them some lovin. I would've taken a picture, but the man didn't speak good English so I'm sure "selfie with your dogs" would've started some confusion..

Today's workout was also superb. Again, felt the dog mom guilt so I took her for a walk when I got home instead of hittin the gym. Thank God my mom's apartment has a bomb ass gym so I walked over there after Tiger's walk and busted out leg day.


I apologize for the DREADFUL quality of that image. Showing my novice-ness to blogging. Whatever, it's fine. Anyways, there were 2 teenage girls in the gym making me absolutely self conscious in the gym and it was truly disheartening. They weren't really working out, they were watching me. Of course it was the day I wore my nike pros that happen to show my loose skin when I do squat jumps. And whenever I would pick up a heavy weight, they would look at each other and giggle. Like seriously? What is the deal? Sorry I don't wanna be wimpy with 2 pound weights, and sorry that I'm finally confident enough to wear tiny shorts to the gym. I've lost 60 pounds dammit, BACK UP OFF ME AND MY LITTLE SHORTS AND BIG WEIGHTS. Alright, end rant. I pushed even harder to give them somethin good to talk about, and went on my way. And burned more calories than them. So HA, I win.

Night lady friends!
-Crystal


1 comment:

  1. So you are awesome for working out with an audience on two seperate occasions! Who cares what those toddlers think? You were working out for you and showing them that you are awesome! GO YOU!

    I feel ya on the dog guilt. I used to feel that way with my pup, too. glad you were able to walk her AND get a workout in.

    ReplyDelete