Tuesday, July 15, 2014

We Moved! And Gym Separation Anxiety.

The boyfriend and I have finally moved! I feel like it's taken forever, but these last couple weeks have flown by. Our apartment is the perfect size for us, and we're very happy. I'll have pictures once we're settled, but for now it's lookin like a hot ass mess. Leon is done unpacking all of his stuff, but of course, I'm nowhere close to being done. I got rid of a LOT of clothes, but I still have so many and I don't understand where it all came from... So many sorority shirts and so many workout shirts. And so many damn socks? Weird. And a lot of underwear too, even though I feel like I wear the same 5 over and over again. CLEAN of course, I do a lot of laundry with the workin out an all...You get the gist. There's just a lot of shit everywhere. The only clean parts are the bathroom and living room. Pathetic.

We spent an hour in Target today, bickering over colors of towels. Is this what it's like to be married? Probably. So, I like bright colors. Spring green, yellow, and bright blue keep me happy and off the edge of the cliff. And there here comes Leon with, "Well my favorite colors are black and grey...sooo...." Insert reaction..


Needless to say, our bathroom towels are bright blue, with yellow as an accent. I let his ugly black towels be the  guest towels, so I'd say it's a fair trade. 

In other news, it's about that time for me to switch gyms and I am freaking the fuck out. My current Gold's Gym is juuuust far enough away to annoy me and there's another Gold's only 2 miles away, so it just makes sense for me to switch. It's just weird ya know? This is the place where I began to change. I did my first squat in this gym. I was told by a personal trainer that I couldn't do a pushup and I probably never would (unless I hired her of course..bitch.) in this gym. I squatted 160 lbs. in this gym. I've grown close to a number of people and the instructors here, and it's like home. I guess it's kind of like going to a new school. Sure the folks may be nice at the new gym, but I don't know those hooligans, and I'm gonna miss my people. The people who know my name and know my journey and who call me out when I don't show up to body pump. You better believe I'll be back for Sunday body pump and Thursday bootcamp though. Sorry, not giving those up for anything.

Good news is, two of my favorite instructors teach at my new gym as well! One, Jessie, teaches kickboxing and has been there from the beginning of my journey. Unfortunately I could no longer make her class since I started full time work, but I was able to go back today since I took the day off for moving, and I swear to 6 pound 3 oz. baby Jesus, I've never been happier to sweat in my life. She gave me the biggest hug and said she missed me, so we caught up and it felt like time had never passed. I fell right into routine with my old friends in the class and loved every second of not being able to breathe while doing an absurd amount of kicks, jumping jacks, jabs, hooks, and uppercuts. I wanted a picture with her, buuuut that's creepy so I didn't do that..

Other good news! Remember when I mentioned the girl with a craaazy sick body in the bootcamp class? Well I saw her the other day and she mentioned that she teaches an outdoor fitness class near my apartment! So ya girl has a new place to workout on TOP of the gym! Can we say two-a-days? Yes, we can.

Anybody felt depressed leaving their gym? No? Just me? Cool. 

-Crystal

1 comment:

  1. I hope you successfully adjust to your new gym!

    "and I swear to 6 pound 3 oz. baby Jesus" snort with laughter. I love it!

    I don't belong to a gym but I was in a Zumba class for a long time with an instructor i LOVED. I switched jobs and it just didn't work out for me to go there anymore so I had to quit that class. I still miss her, haven't found a Zumba class even close to hers, and it's been almost three years.

    ReplyDelete