Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lincoln Memorial Workout!

By tomorrow, I actually meant 2 days later. Ya see, I really have every intention of blogging when I say I will, but then I get in bed, get all comfy, and I'm like, "shit. forgot to blog...uhhhh yea going to sleep". But here I am, at 7:15 am, blogging before work.

As promised, here is my recap of my Lincoln Memorial Bootcamp workout! A while ago I told you guys about the bootcamp at my gym where I met Maria (found out her name!), who I have a serious girl crush on, because she has a siiiiick body. Well, turns out she owns her own strength and conditioning class, called Forza Strength and Conditioning. If you live in NOVA/DC, look that ish up on facebook.

So I parked at Arlington Cemetery and met her and 4 other girls at the Memorial Bridge, and I thought we would just jog across to warm up. Nope. Incorrect. We jogged, jogged with high knees, ran backwards, did side steps, and sprinted the last bit of the bridge. Needless to say, I was sweating like a pig when we got to the stairs in front of the Lincoln Memorial. This is just the end of the bridge. You can't even see the other side. It was forever long. Sweet Lord.

From there we got right to it. We jogged down the stairs and sprinted up, jogged down sprinted up skipping stairs, squat jumps up the stairs, hopscotch jumps up the stairs, tricep dips, pushups....so much. I wish I had my freakin heart rate monitor, but I know I burned at least 800-900 calories. It was so so hard, but so worth it. I even had a moment where I thought I would throw up, and that never happens. Cute, right? I know.



Death Stairs.

I also had a bit of a "hmm, I guess I'm kinda athletic" moment during the workout. Among the other 4 girls, 3 of them were at least 20-25 pounds smaller than me. But when we did sprints, squat jumps up the stairs, pushups, and just about anything else, I easily outdid them, and it blew my freakin mind. I would look back after sprints and no one was near me, and I would honestly think to myself, "well maybe they don't know what a sprint is.." I'm NOT saying this to toot my own horn, because Lord knows I have a lot work to do. I'm saying this because it really showed me that the number on the scale is a tool, nothing more. It doesn't define my athletic ability, and it doesn't define others' athletic ability. They could very well have been not trying as hard as I was, because they're already pretty small, who knows. It felt nice to be good at something for once, instead of hiding in the back hoping that no one would see me struggling and not succeeding. I'll definitely go back I think. The classes are pretty cheap and it was a solid workout.

View at the end of the workout. Not bad, I must say.

Have you ever had a "holy shit I'm athletic" moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment